~16~

"Eomma, I'm back!"

All the muscles in your hands cramp the second you push open the sliding glass hospital room door, your mother's face tight with pain when she greets you.

"Hello Honey...how was your day?.."

"It was fine..I'm really tired I helped Jimin and his brother learn how to cook ramen."

"They don't know how to cook? Wait I thought you were supposed to read a book?"

Dropping your bag on the linoleum floor you slump down on the extra hospital bed, your spine decompressing from the day.

"We were...but when I got there...its a long story...basically Jungkook, the little brother, tried to make ramen in their kitchen and about burned their apartment down."

"Wow...their mother never taught them to cook one single meal?"

"Eomma...I'm not sure they have a mom...they're both very...almost innocent? Jungkook is only a high school boy but he was watching me make that food like a little kid...Jimin said Jungkook had never even had homemade food."

Your mother presses her hand against her heart and shakes her head, light tears welled in her tired eyes.

"Those poor boys...never even having a proper meal...that's terrible...I wonder how long they've been without a parent..."

"I don't know...I've only known Jimin for like two weeks...they're both so sweet....it was fun showing them how to cook.."

"It has been a while since you've had any friends Honey...I'm happy you met these two boys."

"They aren't like the kids at school Eomma...I don't think they would have ever been that cruel."

"Good...did you say that boy Jimin is your age?"

"Yeah he's my age and his little brother is a senior in high school."

You look over at your mom and blush when she wiggles her eyebrow and shakes her shoulders.

"Eomma!"

"What?! One of the boys are your age! You could get yourself a nice boyfriend!"

Your heart cramps and aches when you look down and shake your head, your fingers playing with the seam of the white blanket on the bed.

"No Eomma...I won't ever fall for that again.."

"Honey...those kids were just cruel. You can't base everything off of what happened.."

"Still...Jimin is...I guess he's my friend but he's also paying me to help him get places..."

"Well, I'm sure you are a great asset to those boys Honey. You've already taught them how to make a good meal. I know! You should also teach them how to make my rice cakes! My cookbook is still in the house!"

"Yeah...I guess I could make some of those...it's hard though...they were dad's favorite.."

"Your father didn't enjoy those one bit Honey. He loved the fact that I liked making them. You are the one that loved them."

Oh..

"Well then yeah...maybe one day I'll make it for them when I get home and can get the book."

"You need to go home anyway Honey, get you some good rest and a hot shower."

"Eomma-"

"Enough. Do not fight me again. You cannot sleep everynight in this hospital on that uncomfortable leather couch."

"Fine."

I'll always sleep on the couch for you though Eomma...

·················

"Guys? I'm here-"

"Hyung please! I don't wanna go to school today! I wanna stay here!"

"Jungkook you do not miss school. You need to go."

"I have good grades! I wanna stay here with you and Noona!"

"Jungkook."

"Noona!"

You look up at Jungkook with wide eyes as he runs to you and huffs, his arms giving you a tight hug.

"Noona! I don't want to go to school today!"

What even-

"Jungkook you have to go to school. You've had good attendance your whole life you can't waste that now."

Jungkook continues to hug you and buries his face deep into your neck.

"Noona please! I haven't ever missed a day of school!"

What even...

"Jungkook...why do you want to stay home from school?"

The younger male pulls away from you and looks over at his brother, his ears turning pink with shyness.

"I wanna stay home with Hyung and listen to your story...and eat some more ramen....if I go to school...you'll almost be gone by the time I get home..."

You look over at Jimin as he sighs and plops down on the couch, his hand pushing through his thick black hair.

"How can I possibly say no to that."

"Okay wait, how about we come to an agreement."

You tenderly lead Jungkook over to the couch as you sit on the end and pull out your books, your eyes looking at both the boys.

"How about this. Jungkook, you can stay home and listen to our story, but you have to ACTUALLY listen to it because at the end, I will ask you questions about it."

"I'll do it Noona! I promise I'll pay attention! I really will!"

"It's all up to Jimin though."

Jungkook turns to his brother and grasps both his hands, his voice quivering with excitement.

"Hyung please! I promise I'll listen to you and Noona! I'll work really hard and answer all your questions!"

Jimin tenderly lifts his head while heaving a deep sigh, his demeanor fading to defeat.

"Fine. Just ONCE. Just today I'll allow you to stay home. Tomorrow you better be up bright and early."

"I will Hyung! I promise! I'll be good!"

"Alright then."

Jungkook smiles wide and jumps up into the air while pumping his fist, his arms tugging you into another hug.

"Thank you Noona! Thank you so much!"

"Y-You're welcome Jungkook.."

I can tell he likes giving hugs...

I wonder if he ever got a lot of hugs as a little boy...

"I'm going to change back into my pajamas then I'll listen to your story!"

His feet go thumping down the hallway to his room as you look at Jimin with a smile, your hand lightly touching his.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he stays awake to answer the questions."

Jimin gives you a small smile and shakes his head, his book already sat on his lap.

"Don't worry about it Y/N. Jungkook doesn't even like reading. He just wanted to stay here because he likes being around you."

Wait...

He wanted to stay here...because of me?...

(A/N): UwU