~17~

"Jungkook."

"Jungkook."

"I um...I think he's asleep Jimin..."

"I swear."

Your cheeks blush pink when you look down and see Jungkook's head resting on your thighs, his chest rising up and down slowly as he silently snores.

"That kid...I'm sorry for his...immature behavior...Jungkook hasn't had a lot of female attention...he actually dislikes women most of the time he says they're gross."

"Aww..."

"Not to be rude, but it's odd that he's taken such a liking to you...he always asks to have male professors and even hates female doctors."

Poor Jungkook...

He must have a reason for hating women so much...

You tenderly put your hand on Jungkook's long black hair and trace your fingers through it, his nose scrunching when he moves and nuzzles his head in your lap.

"I can ask him to go to his room so we can focus on our reading. Jungkook tends to snore."

"No no, it's fine...if he feel comfortable you should let him sleep."

"Alright, we can continue reading then."

You watch Jimin warmly as he uses his fingers to glide across the sheets of his book, your mind having a rough time focusing on the story.

"Y/N?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"It's your turn."

"Oh...right...sorry.."

"Is something on your mind?"

"No..um..just..it's kins of cool...how you can feel those dots and read a book.."

Jimin's cheeks blush pink as he gets up and sits beside you, his hand tenderly reaching and grabbing your free one.

"It's like how you read, I had to learn everything new."

"You weren't always blind?"

"No....I um...had an accident when I was younger. After I became blind I was sent away to a blind school to relearn everything...I learned how to read again."

Jimin glides your fingers across the sheet and you smile at him, the look on his face anything but happy.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to grab your hand."

What?

"No Jimin you're fine....it...it's alright..."

What am I saying?...

Can I trust him?...

Him and Jungkook are so innocent and sweet...they seem like such a broken family...

You can tell Jimin begins feeling uncomfortable so you tug your hand away from his, a small huff of air coming from Jungkook when he moves around beside you.

"Noona...."

"Yes Jungkook?"

"Can I lay here a little bit longer?...you smell nice..."

"Jungkook."

"It's alright Jimin...sure, you can lay there a while longer until I leave, alright?"

Jungkook gives you a sleepy smile before nodding and settling back in, his hands tugging his throw blanket over his body again.

"I am so sorry Y/N."

"Don't worry about it Jimin. It's alright, I promise."

You giggle when Jungkook grabs your hand and places it back on his hair, his breathing slowing down the closer he gets to falling asleep.

"Noona.....you're the best..."

Awww...

Why do I feel so warm when I'm around these two...

It's like I get away from my sad reality and get to be with two people who actually appreciate me...

It seems fate has brought us together for a reason...

···············

"I'll see you tomorrow okay Jimin?"

"Mhm. Maybe we can go to a cafe and work tomorrow instead of sitting here."

"Sure, that sounds fun. Oh and Jimin?"

"Yes?"

"You look handsome in your sweater...I like it..."

You don't notice his shocked look as you nervously turn away and take off walking out of the building, your heart slamming in your chest.

Oh my God.

I'm so nervous.

Why am I so nervous?

Was Eomma right?

No way.

No way can I develop feelings again...

················

"Hey Eomma..."

"Hello Honey, how was your day with the Jimin boy?"

Your cheeks immediately sting from blush the minute hia name is mentioned, your mother's eyebrows wiggling again when she sees your reaction.

"Eomma!"

"You're the one with red cheeks Honey. Come sit! Please tell me about it."

"How about you tell me about your treatment...how was it?"

"Oh come on that's boring stuff, I want to hear about your day!"

You finally give in and crawl into the bed with your mom as she wraps her arms around you, the sweet scent of her skin making your heart drop.

"Well....his little brother Jungkook was throwing a fit to stay home from school the second I got there. Apparently he wanted to stay home because he wanted to spend time with me."

"With You? Do you think he likes you?"

"Not in that way...I don't think he likes me in a relationship way..I think It's more like a big sister maybe? He fell asleep on my legs and I don't know...he reminds me of a little boy."

"Ah...did you ask if they had parents?"

"What? No way! I don't want them to have to talk about it...Jimin did say he had an accident and became blind...I wonder if maybe his parents did something to him?"

"Let's not assume cruel things like that Honey, it isn't nice when they aren't here to defend themselves."

"Sorry Eomma.."

You tenderly bury your face in your mom's neck and she rocks side to side, your eyelids already tired the second she holds you.

"Someone's tired."

"Nuh uh...."

"Honey why don't you take a nap with me before you go home hmm? You're too tired to walk home right now."

"Can't I just stay here with you tonight?...please?..."

"Nope. You need to shower and make sure you look pretty for your new boyfriend."

"Eomma! He isn't my boyfriend!"

Your mom giggles and tugs the thin hospital blanket over your body, the paper-like material gliding over the rough denim of your jacket.

"Goodness...Honey I love you but you have to wear a different coat. This thing is so thin it's about to fall apart."

"No...I love it...I'll always wear it Eomma...it was his..."

Your mother's tone softens as she tenderly plays with your hair, her lips pressing against the top of your head as you begin to drift off into a soft slumber.

"I know Honey....I know.."

(A/N): Theories?