Chapter ✿ Two

❝HOME❞

❝HOME❞

"I'm so excited to see them..." Lottie smiles wide, eyes concentrating on the road. "I can't believe it's been six years."

Harry stares out the window, gnawing on his lip. "We never visited," he sighs sadly. "I feel so bad."

Lottie frowns. "I know... We haven't really been in contact either. I haven't spoken to Louis, in what? Three years. He is never home when I call mum."

A pained look crosses Harry's face. "Don't even mention him... I haven't replied to his message for years. By the time I seen it, I supposed it was too late." Harry rubs his face. "I'm horrible. He hates me."

Lottie scoffs, slapping Harry's thigh softly. "Louis was more sad about you leaving than me... He loves you so much. He would never hate you."

"Gee, I really hope that's true." Harry sighs, pulling at his phone and opening he and Louis' messages. The most recent message was sent by Louis, at the time of Harry and Lottie's break up. Not that the younger boy knew about that.

Louis [8:26pm-three years ago] I miss you how are you? :3

Louis [7:45am-three years ago] hazzy are you okay

Louis [10:37pm-three years ago] I still haven't got a reply I'm worried I love you <3

"I can't believe he is going to be nearly seventeen... He is going to be so tall," Harry chuckles. "If he is taller than me, I'm leaving."

"Louis was always small for his age," Lottie glances at Harry. "I doubt he will be taller than you..."

Harry's smiles fondly and turns the radio up a little. "I can't wait to see him... I hope he is the same little Lou."

-*-

The bubble of excitement intensifies in Harry's stomach as they grow closer to their hometown. The sign 'Doncaster' being seen just ahead.

The thought of seeing Louis again after all these years, though, is quite nerve wracking... Harry really hopes he has grown up to be a nice kid. Unlike a lot of teenagers these days who are rude and careless.

"Something on your mind, babe?" Lottie asks, taking a turn towards the hotel.

"Louis," Harry smiles. "'M just excited to see him is all..."

"Same!" Lottie almost squeals. She'd never admit it, but she's missed her brother a lot more than she thought she would.

"So we are going to the hotel now?" Harry thumbs at his plump lips, looking over at Lottie.

"Yep! Then I go to my interview at the hospital... Then dinner at mums. I think we are surprising Louis..."

"Do you think he will like the surprise?" Harry frowns a little, glancing down at his hands, that are fiddling with his hoodie string. "Maybe he won't be happy seeing us."

"Of course he will." Lottie rolls her eyes. "Stop worrying about Louis so much, he is a big boy. He would have understood college is hard and we didn't have a lot of time."

Harry purses his lips, nodding to himself. "I hope so."

Do you think Louis will be happy they're back? Even after the loss of contact

Do you think Louis will be happy they're back? Even after the loss of contact. ♡