Chapter ✿ Sixty One

❝CONCERNING❞

CONCERNING

When Harry wakes up he is cold and alone. He feels the side where Louis had slept and the boy is gone, creating an ache in his heart. Harry sits up sluggishly and rubs at his eyes, his body feeling tired, as well as his mind.

He leaves the room, eyeing it before he goes. He wants to stay... He wants to tell Louis everything, but the doctor had said to ease Louis into the lifestyle and not startle him with any big surprises.

Harry gets to the other room and sits on the bed, collecting a navy blue hoodie that had been carelessly thrown to the ground. He puts it on and lays back, hitting his head on last nights discarded bottle of liquor.

He wills himself not to, but he does it anyway, grabbing a hold of the glass bottle and unscrewing the lid, taking a sip. He then grabs his pills again, not caring about the consequences as he tips some into his hand, washing it down with the booze.

He opens the bedside table drawer to throw them into and almost cries when the realisation hits him. The two items he had carefully placed in there yesterday. The journal and necklace. He grabs onto the silver chain, with the ring attached and places the two bottles holding pills and alcohol in there with the journal, wanting it to be out of his sight immediately.

Harry then makes his way downstairs, pressing his hand against the wall the whole time as dizzyness overpowers him. He takes a deep breath once at the bottom and then continues to walk to the kitchen.

"Morning!" Louis squeaks, chomping into a piece of bacon. He watches Harry intently, a small, shy grin on his face. "Thank you for last night," Louis whispers and Jay raises an eyebrow.

"What happened last night?" She looks between the two suspiciously. Harry clears his throat and walks towards the kitchen, a sheepish smile on his face. He makes himself a coffee and leans against the bench, closing his eyes for a moment before bringing the mug to his lips.

"Jay, do you have any panadol?" The older man questions, touching his aching forehead.

Jay doesn't reply, instead walks into the kitchen, a smile on her face. "I've got some in here somewh- are you okay?" She walks up to Harry, pressing her hand against his head. "You are so pale, Harry, I don't know how I didn't notice it and you're burning up. I think you should go lay down."

Harry hums and goes to put his coffee down, but misses the bench completely, the mug shattering into pieces. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, it's fine," Jay assures, giving Harry a warm smile. "Lou, can you take Harry up to the room and lay him down?" She calls and then turns back to Harry. "I'll bring your panadol and a new drink up!"

"Thank you," Harry mumbles, his eyes heavy with tiredness. He begins to walk towards Louis, smiling at the boy, who smiles at him. "Did you sleep well, darling?"

Louis swallows thickly with a blush and grabs onto Harry's hand hesitantly, taking him upstairs slowly. "Darling?"

Harry tries to gulp back the nauseous feeling that rushes over him and nods. "My darling."

Louis just giggles softly, his eyes watching Harry in concern. "Are you drunk?" He whispers in question softly.

"No. Just don't feel well."

"Want to go to my room?" Louis asks, changing the subject. When he receives a yes, he walks Harry into his room and lays him down. "I think Niall is coming over soon to see me, so we will hang out in your room, okay?"

Harry just nods, his face smooshed against the pillow as he does so. He feels dizzy and so sick, but he feels Louis kiss his cheek and comb his hand through his hair and that's all he can think about until darkness floods over him.

 He feels dizzy and so sick, but he feels Louis kiss his cheek and comb his hand through his hair and that's all he can think about until darkness floods over him