Chapter ✿ Five

❝BRATTY BLUE❞

BRATTY BLUE

Harry sits at the table, hands in his lap and eyes focused on Jay as she speaks. They continue to wait for Louis, just as they had been for the past thirty minutes.

"He will be out soon," Jay assures, sending Lottie and Harry an almost embarrassed smile. "Sorry," she adds on sheepishly, pursing her lips.

"No worries, mum..." Lottie reaches over the table to squeeze her hand softly. "This looks lovely," the blondes eyes scan the table. "We have missed your cooking!"

"Definitely!" Harry chuckles. "Would choose it over your daughters cooking any day!"

"Hey!" Lottie scowls at him, hitting him the chest. "Mean!"

Harry shrugs, grabbing his glass of soda and taking a small sip. He sets it down and glances over at Lottie, a small smirk etching his face. "Mean... But true."

"Oh great, food! I'm starving!" Louis comes out of no where, short shorts and a grey sweater on. He sits down and immediately starts serving himself up food.

Jay cleats her throat, glancing at Louis with a disappointed expression. "Louis. Manners!" She whispers quite harshly to him, rolling her eyes at his antics.

"Sorry for being hungry..." he pouts, giving her a mocking, saddened expression.

Lottie raises an eyebrow at him, not looking impressed. "Stop being a brat, Louis," she sighs.

Louis shoves a spoonful of food in his mouth, glaring at her. "Stop being a brat, Louis," he mocks, mouth still full.

Harry cuts into the conversation, trying to avoid any fights. "How's school, Louis?"

Louis finishes chewing his food, eyes trained on Harry's own. "Good," Louis shrugs, pushing around his food with his fork. "Boring... But good."

"School is boring," Harry laughs, his heart racing when he sees a small smile blossom onto Louis' face.

But it soon leaves with Lotties next question. "So Louis. Do you have a girlfriend yet?"

Louis stares at her for what feels like minutes, the tension in the room growing intense.

"Louis likes-" Jay begins.

"I haven't found anyone yet, no," Louis glares. "What is it to you?"

"Just asking," Lottie scoffs. "And to think that I thought you were going to be the same, sweet Lou you always were..." She mutters, stabbing at her plate.

"To think I thought that my sister was going to visit me at least once in six fucking years," Louis stands up angrily. "Ha! Laughable!"

He throws his cutlery onto the plate, the sound making everyone at the table jump and he storms off, letting tears fall down his cheeks as soon as he is out of sight.

Lottie closes her eyes momentarily, letting out a deep breath. "I'm sorry, mum..."

Jay shakes her head. "No. Don't be..." She stands up and takes her full plate of food and Louis' almost empty one to the kitchen.

Harry comes up behind her, his and Lottie's plates in hand. "Are you okay?" He sets them down on the bench before pulling Jay into a hug.

"I'm sorry," Jay mumbles, laughing at herself. "I didn't expect him to act that way..."

Harry shrugs, pushing his habs through his curls. "It's fine Jay, honestly... I'm sure he will warm up to us being here sooner or later!"

Jay sighs softly and nods. "He really does love you, Harry. Just, for the last couple of years he has gotten an attitude."

"Just your average teenager, Jay. He will grow out of it! Don't worry yourself over it!" Harry gives her a dimpled smile, followed by a kiss on the cheek. "It's good to be home."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ♡