Chapter ✿ Thirty Eight

❝QUITTING❞

QUITTING

-Double Update-

"I've got to go," Louis whispers in reply, glancing up at Harry with his beautiful, blue eyes, almost making the older man weak at the knees.

"Lou-"

"Do you trust me, Harry?" Louis questions him, moving his hands to the back of Harry's neck.

"I trust you," Harry's eyes flutter closed, his lips moving to peck Louis' forehead. "I don't trust them... I'm not there, I can't check if you're prepped and they are going slow on you, I can't make sure they aren't holding you down too hard or slapping you too roughly... Anything could happen, Louis and I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over when I say this."

"I can't check if you aren't saying the same things to Lottie as you say to me..." Louis speaks softly, moving his dainty shoulders in a small shrug. "Behind closed doors, I have no idea what you two are doing."

"You can trust me, Lou. That time she wanted to do something, I came to you. You know that and all the other times she has tried, I haven't allowed it."

"Okay," Louis bites his lower lip, turning his face away from Harry. "But I need to go to work tonight." He grabs his bag and goes to leave, but is pulled into a hug by Harry.

"Anything bad happens, call me. I'll be there as quick as possible," Harry says quietly, kissing Louis one last time. "I'll see you later."

Louis doesn't say anything else, he leaves the room and runs downstairs as quickly as possible. "Bye mum, bye Lottie!" He calls and his mother walks over to where he stands near the front door.

"Have fun at Niall's, Lou! Your sister is already gone to work!" She leans over and hugs him tightly. "I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Bye mum," Louis smiles at his mum one last time, before closing the door and beginning to walk to his work, feeling beyond nervous at this point.

-*-

He walks hastily along the street, practising the words he will say to his boss out loud, trying hard not to allow his voice to waver or crack. He doubts the man will be happy... Well, he knows he won't. Louis earns the man the most money out of all of the dancers.

The loud music and long line up is the first thing Louis sees as he tries to make his way into the club, having to push past a few people, even getting groped a few times by men who recognise him.

He whimpers when someone gets a harsh grip on his crotch, squeezing painfully hard. He pushes away from him and rushes in through the back door, a sigh of relief falling from his lips as he pushes himself up against the wall.

He takes a moment to regain his confidence and begins walking to his boss' office. He walks past a few of his fellow dancers, who try to talk to him, but notice he seems in a rush and allows him to continue whatever he was doing.

His footsteps seem to echo through the building as he becomes closer to the door, his heart pounding so hard in his chest that he can hear the thump in his ears.

He gets to the door and with one last hope he doesn't get hurt, Louis pushes open the run-down door, his eyes immediately widening at what he sees.

I hope you enjoyed! Any thoughts? xo