Chapter ✿ Forty Two

❝TALKING IT OUT❞

TALKING IT OUT

"I can't believe she'd do this!" The now sober boy yells, glaring at the floor he paces upon, tugging at his caramel coloured hair. "She is such a stupid bitch!" He hisses, looking up at Harry's slightly amused face.

Harry grabs his small hand and tugs him towards himself, where he sits on the bed. "Hi," he mumbles, sitting Louis on his lap, with a smile. "I love when you get mad... But do not stress yourself over it. Sure, I wanted a baby, but I want you more. Everything happens for a reason."

"Why would she do this? You do not deserve any of this." Louis sighs sadly, nuzzling his face against Harry's neck whilst the older man rubs his back gently. "I have missed you..."

"Where did you go last night?" Harry kisses at Louis' neck softly, his eyes shining as they glance at Louis' own, green meeting blue. "I was worried sick," he confesses, letting out a shaky breath.

"Lots of clients," Louis mumbles embarrassed, leaning down to peck Harry's cheek. "I'm sorry... I think I just use sex as a distraction, it is a coping mechanism I guess." Louis frowns. "And then I went to Luke's we fooled around and he let me have a few drinks... He dropped me home and that was that."

Harry stares down at Louis' thighs, his lips pursed. "I don't know what to do now..." Harry admits sadly, moving his hand onto Louis' leg. "How do I confront Lottie? Do I move out? What are we?"

Louis stays quiet for a moment, moving his hands to splay out over Harry's chest, he bites his lip and moves to lay down on the bed, motioning for Harry to move over him.

"Please," he whispers and Harry nods, moving to roll onto Louis, his lips attaching to the boys immediately.

"Wait," Harry pulls himself away. "You just said you use sex as a coping mechanism... Which, yeah, sex is good. But this isn't a healthy way to have it," Harry rolls off of the boy and onto the other side of the boy. "Let's talk instead... Talking it out will be better than pushing it away for a while."

Louis pouts and moves to wrap his arm over Harry's stomach, his head laying on one of Harry's arms. "I'm scared."

"Why?" Harry places his hand on Louis' wrist, rubbing the soft flesh with his thumb. "What are you scared of?"

"That you will forgive her... I'm scared I'll quit my job for you and we won't work." Louis pushes his head against Harry's chest. "I'm scared that one day you are going to freak out about the age difference and go on a rant about how I'm your little brother again. I don't want that, Harry. I've liked you since a kid, you were the reason I know I'm gay, but I can't be seen as a child anymore..."

"I won't ever forgive her, let me ease your mind about that one," Harry says softly, combing his hand through Louis' hair. "It is a risk... But it is worth it, right?" Harry questions softly, pausing a moment to hear Louis' gentle breathing. "I don't see you as brother anymore, or a kid. When I said that I was trying to convince myself more than anything. I don't want you to be scared."

"Are you scared?" Louis looks up at Harry, holding him tighter when Harry gives him a small nod. "Why?"

"Mostly because my sex might not be enough for you," he snorts, his heartbeat quickening. "Luke probably is better," Harry chuckles quietly, feeling insecure. "And will my attention be enough for you? Will I be enough?"

"You have always been enough and you will continue to be enough," Louis promises, reaching his hand up to press against Harry's cheek as he moves to kiss him. "Nobody has ever been as good as you, either. No one can even compare."

"I love you," Harry whispers. Just as Louis opens his mouth to reply, the sound of the front door shutting fills the house.

 Just as Louis opens his mouth to reply, the sound of the front door shutting fills the house

Thank you so much for 100k! :)
A couple of things:
1. I have two new books out 'Mean to Me' and 'Drunk on You' feel free to check them out!
2. I've been getting questions about when this book will be finishing, it has still got at least ten chapters to go! I hope that is okay! Otherwise I can change plans for it and end it sooner.

I'm just curious, this is probably my most popular book, why do you guys like this one? Is it the writing, plot, cover? xo

I hope you enjoyed! :)