Chapter ✿ Thirty Seven

❝OUR BABY❞

OUR BABY

All last night Louis had been thinking about what Harry had said... Louis came to the conclusion that he wouldn't date a stripper/escort, so why should he expect that from Harry?

Harry had tried to speak to him today, having knocked on the door multiple times, mumbling 'can we talk?', 'please answer Lou'. But Louis didn't reply to him, he didn't know what he would say. He didn't know what to do anymore.

But when Jay calls him down to have dinner before she leaves for work, Louis had decided what to do. Tonight, he would quit his job. He wants to make Harry happy and maybe, just maybe, make Harry choose him over Lottie and be comfortable enough to do that without thinking Louis would be a bad example to the baby.

Louis nervously makes his way downstairs and to the table, everyone is already waiting for him, their eyes following his every move.

"Have you been crying?" Jay asks softly when Louis sits next to her, the red blotches around his eyes and his glossy cheeks making it obvious he had been, but Louis denies it, beginning to eat immediately.

The table is quiet and it makes Louis uncomfortable. He feels sick. Sure, he has wanted to quit many times before, but now it is actually happening, he doesn't know how to feel. Of course, he doesn't like doing those dirty things for others pleasure, but it feels like a part of him now.

Louis takes a deep breath and is about to excuse himself from the table until he feels Harry's foot nudge against his own. He looks at the man, who gives him a soft smile and continues to rub his foot against Louis' leg, almost calming the boy.

"You okay?" Harry mouths when Lottie and Jay begin talking, their eyes not focused on the two boys. Louis looks at his food and shrugs sadly. "I love you," is mouthed to Louis this time and the smaller boys chest clenches in pain. Harry doesn't love him, if he did, the choice would have been easy.

"So when do you have a scan for the baby?" Louis butts into his mothers and sisters conversation, trying to distract himself from the pain in his throat and the tears welling up in his eyes.

Lottie turns to him with her eyebrows raised, she gives him a shy smile and puts her hand on Harry's shoulder. "We haven't really booked one yet, " she chuckles. "Been so focused on getting our relationship back on track it totally slipped my mind. Right, Harry?"

Harry shakes his head a little while looking at Louis before nodding with a smile. "Right!... But we should probably be getting onto that soon. I want to see my baby!" Harry grins, placing his hand on Lottie's stomach, before glancing at Louis. "Our baby," he whispers.

Louis scrunches his eyes shut, "can I go to Niall's tonight?" Louis questions to Jay, sniffling a little. Harry's face has dropped and hardened, his heart rate quickening.

"You do most nights," Jay laughs and shakes her head. "Do you like Niall's better than here?" She jokes and proceeds to tell Louis that he can go.

He quickly gets out of his chair as does Harry immediately after, following him up the stairs.

"You're going to work," Harry frowns, grabbing onto Louis' waist when the boy doesn't answer, making his way quickly to the bedroom, ready to lock himself in there.

"Leave me alone," Louis tries to get out of Harry's grip when he is pulled against the older man's chest in a hug. "We can't have this conversation out here anyway," he wipes his eyes and feels Harry loosen the grip on him.

They both walk into Louis' room, locking the door. "Just stay with me tonight," Harry almost begs. "We can go out even, just don't go to work."

Harry takes Louis' hand and tugs the boy towards himself, cupping his cheek and leaning down so their lips see barely an inch apart.

"Please," Harry whispers right before pressing his soft lips to Louis', slowly kissing the boy in a loving way. He presses his forehead against Louis', before mumbling, "stay."

Hi! So I took a little break for my mental health, it was supposed to be longer but I kept getting messages about updating this book and I knew they wouldn't stop until I did

Hi! So I took a little break for my mental health, it was supposed to be longer but I kept getting messages about updating this book and I knew they wouldn't stop until I did. So here it is, this chapter was last minute, so it isn't much. I hope you enjoy! If you like this book, please give me a follow, I'm trying to get 2k and it would mean a lot. ❤