Chapter ✿ Ten

❝PROTECT BLUE❞

PROTECT BLUE

Harry watches intently as Louis licks his rainbow ice cream, getting some on his nose and mouth as he does so.

The older man chuckles and glances away, "this place hasn't changed a bit." A dimpled smile appears on his face. "Neither have you really."

"What?" Louis giggles, tilting his head. "I'm big now!"

Harry shakes his head, "suree!" He drags out and reaches over to wipe the icecream off the tip of Louis' nose. "Still as messy as ever."

Louis rolls his eyes fondly, smiling from behind the cone. "Shush."

Harry smiles, looking behind Louis. His smile quickly turns into a frown. "Uh, Lou..." He waits for Louis to hum before continuing. "That guy is staring at you. Do you know him?"

Louis gives Harry a confused glance before following his eyeline to a guy, who is definitely staring right at him. Louis' eyes widen as he turns to Harry, his heart beat quickening.

"I-I don't know who that is..." Louis lies easily, glaring at the table, trying to get his icecream eaten as quick as possible.

"I don't like the way he is looking at you, bub," Harry glares at the man, he just smirks back. "Come on, love. We should get going."

Harry stands up and walks to Louis' side of the booth, holding his hand to the boy, helping him.

Louis smiles and blush, titling his head down to hide his face with his hair. "Thank you," he whispers to Harry.

They stare at eachother for a minute, before Harry is speaking softly. "I forgot how blue your eyes really are..."

Louis bites his lip. "I forgot that your eyes have gold speckles in them... " he replies, gasping when icecream begins to melt over his fingers. "I'll be right back," he squeaks and rushes the bin to throw it away, sadly having to walk past the man staring at him.

"Hey, baby," the guys gruff voice says from behind Louis. "What nights do you work again?"

Louis turns around, "I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong person," Louis steps to the side, trying to get past the man to go back to Harry, but is blocked.

"Aren't you baby b-?"

"What's going on here?" Harry growls, pushing past the man to get to a frightened looking Louis.

"I was just talking to my friend here..." The man chuckles, swiping his hand through his grey hair.

"Leave him alone." Harry moves Louis so the smaller is behind him. "Don't go near him again."

"Just because you have him for the night, doesn't mean he is yours. He will be with someone else tomorrow. Bye, baby." The man rubs over his stubble before grabbing his phone and wallet leaving the ice cream parlor.

Harry turns on his heels, now facing Louis. He grabs his arms and crouches down a little to be his height. "Are you okay? Did he touch you?"

Louis gulps, shaking his head. The thump of his heart beat and shallow breaths echoing in his ears. "N-no, I'm f-fine."

Harry let's out a breath of relief and hugs Louis to his chest. "What did he mean by what he said?"

Louis closes his eyes, head against Harry's chest, his whole body shaking in fear at the thought of Harry knowing his secret. "I'm not sure... Sorry."

"Nothing to apologise for," Harry sighs, pressing a soft kiss to Louis' feathery hair.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thoughts? If there are readers of other books of mine here, which should I update next? xo

If there are readers of other books of mine here, which should I update next? xo