Chapter ✿ Fifty Seven

❝THE RETURN❞

THE RETURN

Minutes feel like hours as Harry waits outside of the room. He had called the nurses, who sent him out immediately with no explanation. Now he was worrying again, necklace clutched firmly in his hand.

Jay was pacing beside him, her hand on her chest and the other on her hip. "They will be just doing tests," she mumbles to herself for the fifth time, spiking Harry's worry even more so.

Harry looks up at her, biting his lip harshly. Tears fall from her eyes and he doesn't understand why he isn't crying himself. Maybe he is relieved? Or maybe just numb, he doesn't know. He can't begin to process any of his emotions. "Does this usually happen?" He questions to Jay, stopping her in her tracks. "When someone shows signs of waking up, do people get sent out?"

Jay shrugs and takes a seat next to Harry, taking his hand that doesn't hold the necklace in her own. "Depends," she mumbles. "Louis had a very traumatic accident... They will need to check him out for anything worrying and maybe they needed some space to do that."

"What if he wakes up fully? And I'm not there?" Harry feels himself begin to tear up, contradicting his thoughts barely a minute prior. "He will be so scared... He won't know what has happened! Who will tell him about Luke?! Have you texted Niall?!"

"Nobody, not yet at least. We need to get him better and then we will tell him about his friend... And he won't be scared for too long, okay? As soon as possible you'll be in there, with your boy. And I will be too. He will be okay. And when we know what's happening, I'll message Niall."

Harry just nods and looks away, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. What if one of Louis' nerves had just twitched? Or Harry was just imagining it?... He wanted him awake so badly his mind is making things up, Harry had got his hope up for nothing, he concludes.

"Jay?" The doctor walks from the room, clipboard clutched in his hand. Jay stands immediately and Harry turns his head quickly, taking in every aspect of the man's face, trying to get any hints on what's happened before the man can speak.

"Yes? How is he?" Jay rushes out, eyes pleading and face tired?

"He is awake."

Harry sobs in relief, covering his face with his hands as a smile grows onto his face. He did it. His little blue did it.

"Can we see him?" Jay turns to Harry as he stands up, biting her lip to contain her own smile as tests flow freely.

"Yes... Just be quiet and patient."

Jay nods and walks in first, Harry follows hesitantly. He wants to see Louis more than anything, but he knows he has to remain calm and Harry isn't sure he can.

"Mum," he hears Louis' soft voice rasp tiredly and almost dazed. Jay cries and rushes to his side, taking his hand in her own.

"My baby. You're okay!" She cries, kissing his cheek while softly stroking through his hair. Louis watches her confused, but lovingly, before turning his blue eyes to Harry, who stands there with his eyes full of tears and a smile filling his face.

"What the fuck is he doing back?"

Thoughts? Please leave me some comments!! :') x