Chapter ✿ Twenty Three

❝THE HOTEL❞

THE HOTEL

'Please come to the hotel'

'I miss you'

Louis glances at his phone, his heart beat quickening when he reads the messages and who they're from. It was exactly a week since Harry left, a week that Louis hadn't see him.

Louis takes one last look at his laced outfit in the mirror, making sure it looks okay for work tonight. He throws over a pair of track suit pants and a hoodie and grabs his bag and phone.

'Which hotel are you at? I'll come over quickly.'

He creeps down the stairs, knowing Jay and Lottie are still sleeping because of the night shift and quickly writes a note for his mum, explaining he has gone to Niall's.

He checks his phone to see that Harry has replied with the name of the hotel he is at. Louis types it in Google maps and decides to walk there, since it isn't far.

-*-

"Hi, Lou," Harry opens the door, his voice a little slurred.

"Hi, Haz," Louis walks in nervously, eyes glancing curiously around the room. He drops his bag and speaks again. "How do you afford this?"

Harry shrugs and grabs Louis' hand, pulling him towards the bed. "When I dropped out, I started working, so I saved quite a bit of money."

"I see," Louis nods and sits on the bed next to Harry. "I can't stay long," he looks up at Harry, who had already been looking at Louis.

"Why?" Harry's voice fills with disappointment, his eyes looking at Louis in an almost pleading way.

"I've got to work," Louis replies nervously. He hears the way Harry's breath hitches and watches the man bite his lip harshly.

"I don't like you doing that..." Harry speaks gruffly, taking a sip out of the bottle of alcohol that had been sitting on his side table, not that Louis noticed.

"You're not my dad," Louis scoffs, standing up and crossing his arms. He takes a shaky breath and doesn't look Harry in the eyes, he can't help but feel embarrassed. "I'm not a child," Louis' voice cracks.

"You're gonna get hurt," Harry tells him. "I don't want you hurt... You're a stripper, I know, but people will want more from you, blue."

"They get more from me," Louis confesses, shoulders slumping. "As long as they pay..."

Harry's eyes widen and his mouths drops in shock, he shakes his head, trying to process what Louis had just told him. "You-You prostitute yourself?"

Louis just shrugs, eyes filling up with tears. "I guess."

"Why? Why would you let those disgusting men touch you?" Harry growls, fist tightening around the glass bottle, his knuckles turning white.

"I want money."

"Why do you need money?" Harry scoffs. "You're young for gods sake! You haven't even finished school."

"I'm not smart enough to do anything else! I'm failing everything... If you were here, maybe you'd know I have a learning disability. I can't do any other job, nobody would hire me and I wanted to have enough money, so that when you came back, which I knew you would, I could be gone... I never wanted to see you again, Harry. You abandoned me and acted like I meant nothing to you." Louis begins to cry, covering his face with the sweater paws of his hoodie.

"Louis..."

"You hurt me so bad, Harry and I know I have said it is okay and it is, but sometimes I still think about it and try to figure out what I could have done differently to get you to stay... Or at least come back."

Harry watches the small boy in front of him try to stop himself from crying, he takes sharp breaths and wipes his eyes continuously trying to rid of any tears.

"I'm so sorry, baby," Harry stands up and pulls Louis in for a hug, but in return, he just gets pushed away.

"No, I'm sorry," Louis sniffles, shrugging. He looks so small and fragile and Harry just wants to cuddle him and keep him safe from the world. "I need to go to work. I'll come back after if you want me to, just message me."

Louis doesn't let Harry reply, he just grabs his bags and leaves the room, a feeling of sadness flooding through him.

Thoughts? I hope you enjoyed! xoxo