Chapter ✿ Twenty Two

❝NEVER MEANT TO HURT YOU❞

NEVER MEANT TO HURT YOU

Harry rushes out of the room, sobs falling from his lips. He feels as though he can't breathe, his vision is blurry and his whole body is shaky.

He closes his eyes for a moment, but continues walking down the hall to the stairs, accidentally bumping into a body as he does so.

"Ouch," Louis whimpers, rubbing his shoulder. He looks up at Harry who is stopped in his tracks and frowns. "Are you okay?"

Harry immediately turns around and pulls him into a hug. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." His voice shakes and cracks as he cries out the sentence, holding Louis as close to him as possible.

"Sorry for what?" Louis questions softly, threading his hand in Harry's curls. "You didn't do anything wrong..."

"I hurt you," Harry mumbles, cupping Louis' face. He gently rubs his thumb over Louis' soft, lightly freckled cheeks.

"I was being a drama queen," Louis replies with a small, worried smile. "My shoulder is fine. You aren't that strong," Louis chuckles softly, his mind wandering to the fact that Harry is very strong and could easily hold him up against a wall...

"No, when I left. I never meant to hurt you, you have to believe me," Harry sobs again, hands shaking against Louis' cheeks. "It wasn't my fault."

Louis swallows thickly, eyes dropping to the ground. "It is fine," he squeaks out. "You were busy, I know that. I was just being selfish, wanting you all to myself." Louis' cheeks heat up.

"You weren't selfish. You never are. You are perfect, I promise you."

Louis sadly smiles a little, "even though I am a-"

"We still need to talk about that," Harry says sternly, but his facial expression is still soft and loving. "But even then, you are perfect... I'm leaving."

"What?" Louis gasps, eyes widening. "No! No... You can't. Did you and Lottie have a fight?" Louis' hands are now placed over Harry's, against his cheek.

"We did... Can't you hear her crying?" They both are silent for a moment, the sound of Lottie's crying immediately heard.

"Stay in my room! Don't leave, please... Don't leave me." Louis begins crying, blinking his eyes thickly.

"I'm going to a hotel not far from here. I'll be there for a while, until I work out where to live..." Harry tells the boy softly, pad of his thumb rubbing Louis' tears away. "You can come and visit whenever you like!... Any day, okay?"

"Can I sleep over sometimes? I want to stay with you," Louis stumbles out desperately, a sob falling from his own lips now.

Harry pulls him in for another hug, picking the small boy up so he can bury his face into Louis' neck. Louis wraps his legs around Harry's waist and rests his chin on his shoulder. "Lou, you can stay every night for all I care. You will have to ask Jay though, just tell her you don't feel comfortable at home by yourself. Okay?"

Louis sniffles a little, his heart besting quickly at the thought of Harry leaving again. "Okay."

Thoughts? :) xo

Thoughts? :) xo