Chapter ✿ Thirty Six

❝IT IS MY LIFE❞

IT IS MY LIFE

"What's wrong with you?" Lottie questions, placing her hand on Harry's upper thigh. The man stares down at the table, flinching a little when she touches him. He plays with the material that is pulling apart on the table cloth with no emotion. 

"Nothing," Harry whispers in reply to her, not looking at her. His body stiffens when he hears the sound of Louis' footsteps coming down the stairs, he quickly grabs his cup of coffee and takes a sip, pulling out his phone, creating a distraction for himself. 

Louis sits down at the table, reaching over to grab a piece of bacon off of Harry's plate. "Thanks," the smaller boy giggles, throwing it into his mouth, acting as though everything is okay.

Harry pushes the plate over the table to Louis, giving him his food and not saying a word. He continues to frown, feeling uncomfortable and upset by the whole situation. 

"Harry," Lottie smirks playfully at Louis. "I was thinking of names for the baby… Luke is nice, hey?" 

Louis' cheeks flush and his head snaps towards Harry, taking in the now angered look of the man. "Luke is nice," Louis tells her shakily, eyes switching between his sister and Harry. 

"I'm sure you think that," Harry grumbles out, pouting a little. Hidden meaning behind his comment, that Louis catches onto, raising his eyebrows, an unimpressed look etching onto his face.

"I do," Louis sasses in reply. "Luke is a lovely name." He squints his eyes at the older man, in an almost challenging way.

"I don't like it," Harry shrugs, looking at Louis sadly, watching as the younger boys facial expression softens, before hardening up again.

"I don't care what you like in all honesty."

"Don't expect you to," Harry stands up from his chair, glancing at a confused looking Lottie. "I want it to be a girl anyway. Probably easier to deal with then teenage boys."

Louis scoffs and leaves the table as well, following after Harry quickly. He makes it to Harry's room and opens the door to find Harry laying on the bed, looking utterly stressed, the frustration evident on his face. 

"I'm allowed to have sex, Harry," Louis locks the door and moves on the bed to lay next to the man, placing his hand gently on Harry's arm. 

"I know…" 

"It is basically what I do for a living, so if you have a problem with it, there will be some issues… You can't control me, Haz. I'm not your property."

"It just hurts," Harry confesses, his throat hurting as he pushes the urge to cry, that is building rapidly, away. "I don't want to have sex with anyone else, even Lottie. I just want you… But you have sex with anyone."

"It is my job," Louis says softly, trying his best not to upset the man more. "I have to."

"So Luke payed last night?" Harry turns to face Louis, his eyes filled with tears, making Louis' heart ache at the sight. "It was for your job?" he asks, almost hopeful. 

Louis shakes his head, "no. He didn't pay and it wasn't for my job. I called him. But Harry, the thing is, babe, you made your choice, Lottie."

"I'm trying to sort everything out Louis," Harry sits up, wiping at his eyes with his hands. "I'm just so confused, I don't know what to do… I have a baby on the way, I can't be messing up more people's lives."

Louis stands up and begins to walk to the door. "The only life you're messing up, Harry, is your own, by choosing her. I think we both know what the right choice would be, you're just scared to admit it."

"It'd be a risk though," Harry speaks gently, more to himself than Louis. "I'd be getting cheated on all the time, I'd never know if you're safe. How could I raise a baby in that environment?"

Louis swallows thickly and nods, hurt by the accusations. "Well when you put it that way," he shrugs. "You are right, I'm just selfish. Of course I'd continue my job if I was in a relationship," he says sarcatically. "I could teach your child how to strip as well, could be a family tradition. Wouldn't I be a great example to them, Haz?" Louis is teary now, willing himself not to cry. His heart hurts, of course Harry thinks of him like this, a bad role model and a stupid person.

"Lou."

"Don't Lou me, just don't talk to me," Louis leaves the room, slamming the door so hard a picture of Harry, Louis and Lottie that was taken when they were young, falls off of the wall, the glass smashing over the carpet covered floor boards.

Thoughts? xo