Chapter ✿ Seventy Three

❝BIRTHDAY SURPRISE❞

❝BIRTHDAY SURPRISE❞

"Thank you for today," Louis mumbles to his Harry, wrapping his arms around the boy's neck. "It was the best birthday ever." He kisses a smiling Harry and giggles into the kiss, allowing Harry to pull him closer.

They sit on the couch at the new apartment. It had been two weeks since Harry had moved in. He decided he would set up a celebration for Louis' birthday, inviting Jay, Charlotte and Niall.

"It was my pleasure, darling..." Harry kisses at Louis' neck. "I can't believe you're 18..." He looks up at Louis who straddles his lap, eyes slightly glassy. "Always my little boy, though," Harry's voice breaks. Today had been an emotional rollercoaster watching his once tiny boy turn an adult.

"Always," Louis whispers, gently placing his hands against Harry's cheeks and brushing their noses together, sighing in content. "I love you, Haz." They both grin and stay silent for a moment, the love between them feeling so strong.

"I love you too, baby..." Harry fiddles with the hem of Louis' shirt and a smile plays on his lips. "I have one more present for you." Louis tilts his head and Harry gently stands them up, placing Louis back onto the couch while he goes to the room. He comes out with a little box and Louis' eyes widen a little. "It's not-" Harry chuckles and sits next to a nervous-looking Louis. "It's not a proposal."

"Oh," Louis forces out a breath of relief. Although, if it was, he probably would have said yes, he concludes to himself. Harry is the one and he knows that.

Harry laughs and opens the box, a shiny promise ring sits in the middle of it. "It's a promise that one day there will be a proposal," he mumbles and Louis sniffles a little, eyes becoming teary. He covers his mouth with his hand and flutters his wet eyelashes closed. "I promise to love you forever, Lou and I can't wait to spend my life loving you."

Harry takes the ring out of the box and slips it onto Louis' finger the boy holds out, grinning wildly. "I love it so much!" He moves to straddle Harry again, kissing him with so much passion and love. "I love you," he presses multiple kisses to Harry's cheeks, smiling as he does so. "I have a present for you too."

"Oh?" Harry furrows his eyebrows, looking at Louis, face full of confusion. "A Christmas present or?" Louis shrugs a little and moves back a little so his and Harry's bodies aren't pressing together but he is still seated on the boy's knee.

"You could say that," Louis pulls down the hem of his tracksuit pants to show a light green and red, 'Christmassy' pair of panties. Harry gulps audibly and looks up at Louis, his eyes already beginning to darken. "It even has a little bow on it."

"Can I?" Harry rests his hands on Louis' thighs, not moving them until Louis says so. When the boy nods, almost desperately, Harry trails his hands closer to Louis' crotch. He rubs at the smaller boys hip bones teasingly before dipping his hand under the pants, moaning when feeling Louis is already hard. "Fuck."