Chapter ✿ Fifty Six

❝MOVEMENT❞

MOVEMENT

It was three am and Harry still hadn't been able to close his eyes. The worry in his heart was excruciating, the erratic beating echoing in his ears too loud. He missed his boy, he missed curling his arms around his dainty body. He missed the soft breaths and whimpers that sounded as he slept. He missed his giggles and his voice. He just missed him.

It was lonely without Louis. The days were long and boring, his smile was never prominent and his eyes were always filled with tears. His heart felt heavy and breathing strained, the pit of his stomach always filled with anxiety. His life could be ripped away in just a second and the thought of that could kill him.

The sound of the phone and the light of it startles him, he sits up immediately, clumsily grabbing the mobile in his hand and scanning the message as quickly as possible. He doesn't know whether to feel disappointed or relieved when he reads the message from Jay that the necklace was found.

Harry suddenly feels sick with guilt, he gets out of bed and starts to get dressed, his body shaky and stomach churning. How could he leave Louis? How did he think he could handle not being with his boy?

-*-

"Harry? What are you doing here?" Jay asks, voice lacing surprise and somewhat worry. "Nothing has happened, you should be resting."

"It's better when I'm here... I know what is happening at every second, I'm not a whole phone call and car ride away from him... I'm sorry, I just- he is my little blue and I feel so helpless right now. At least if I'm here I have control of what I know."

Jay nods and looks down at her hands, twisting one of her rings around her finger. "It took me months to make him okay again after you left... You boys love each other so much, and I know it was platonic until just recently, but I know how hard it was for Louis to lose you to college, I can't imagine how hard it'll be for you if he- if he doesn't make it."

Harry takes a shaky breath and looks down, scuffing his shoe against the ground. "We will both be so lost," Harry whimpers. "Why didn't I stay? I should have stayed."

Jay breaks down as well, crying into her hands. "He is my baby, Harry. E-Everyday he doesn't wake up, my heart breaks a little more. I feel sick constantly."

Harry takes his first look at Louis for the night and smiles sadly, eyes blinking back tears. He quietly walks over to his boy, the sound of Jay crying filling the eerie silence.

Harry looks over Louis' face, the swelling and bruising have gone down a little, his face more colourful than it had been since the accident. Harry stares and stares, his eyes drinking in every freckle and red mark, every little eyelash and every gorgeous, flawless feature of him.

He had been there for so long, he only now notices Jay's presence had gone, leaving just Louis and Harry. He sits in the seat and grabs Louis hand, the same as he had done plenty of times. He kisses his knuckles, smiling against the soft skin. "You are gorgeous... You have so much to live for, you know that? One day you'll be married and have kids, a dream job. You will have such a beautiful life, I know you will. And let's hope I'll be by your side the whole way, yeah?"

And then it happens, it's small and could have easily been missed, but it happened. A small twitch of his finger against Harry's. A small spark of hope.

Harry gasps, his eyes widen and he chokes out a laugh, his face filling with glee. "Lou, Lou? Baby?"

Sorry for the wait on the update! Between my birthday and 1D day I've been a bit all over the place

Between my birthday and 1D day I've been a bit all over the place.

Don't forget to comment please!

Also: I have a new book called Bambi, check it out maybe and let me know your thoughts?

Love you all! 💕