Chapter 4: Assignment

Lisa Pov

I was running back after I left the hospital. I forgot that I asked my best friend to wait for me back at that restaurant when I chased after her and that crook.

I hope she wouldn't get mad at me. But fuck I've got 30 miscalls from her and that's 2 hours ago.

It's because I couldn't leave Sunbaenim n that state, she really fought back as long as she can endure. And I was really amazed by that, how can that small girl be so tough? I shook my head, shaking off the thoughts of her, as I ridiculously feel my lips curving up into a smile.

When I reached the front of the restaurant, my eyes quickly search for her. The restaurant is still quite full because it's just how this place is every night.

It didn't take long when I saw an arm waving at me and a girl smiling widely from afar caught my eyes making me sighed in relief and plaster a big grin. I saw her quickly stood up from her seat. But my smile didn't last long when I saw a man stood up in front of her as well.

The guy spun, towards my direction and my jaw clenched when I Jennie reach for his hand, and pulling the man as they exit the place.

And meeting me outside, my hands balled at the side as I watch them walk with intertwined hands.

I swallowed hard when they flush me both with a smile, I have no other choice but to smile back at them no matter how painful it is to see her being held that way by someone else.

Jennie, run towards me and let go of her boyfriend to give me a tight hug. This, this is the fucking reason why it's hurting me to see you being held like that by some guy. Because I am selfish when it comes to you.

"Yah? Why aren't you picking my calls? I was so worried that you've got into trouble. Did you really forgot about me?", Jennie asked while mumbling on my shoulder.

She let go quickly before I even get a chance to hug her back. If only you're mine I wouldn't let you go that easily, but you aren't so I held it back.

"I'm sorry, I had to look for her. She was cornered and outnumbered by three men. She fought them back until I got there. And it drained her body in exhaustion so I have to get her to-"

"And you left my girlfriend here?", A man's voice barged in that stopped me from continuing. Both me and Jennie's attention went to him. And he's fuming and shooting daggers on me with his glares.

"You chase this girl and helped her while you left your best friend that's also as vulnerable as that girl on a place where those kind of man is probably lurking and waiting for their victim.", He said with a sharp tone, Jennie quickly held on his arm looking really worried.

And I don't know if that concern is for her boyfriend or for me. But I guess it was for him, because she's looking at him with those eyes.

I was taken aback by his words. Because I just realized he was part right. But there's no way I can leave a comrade behind when they need help. And even if sunbae didn't ask for it I know she needs it. She's just stubborn.

But this guy is right, and I felt I'm not a reliable friend at all what worse is I was the one who's putting her in danger.

"I'm sorry. There's no excuse for what I've done. I'm so sorry for leaving you here alone Nini.", I muttered looking at my best friend with apologetic eyes.

Jennie's brows creased.

"Oh my God Lili, stop this you don't have to apologize.", Jennie exclaimed and grab my both my hands while showing me her gummy smile that no one could ever resist. And I suddenly feel a tight squeeze on my heart because of it. Dammit, I want to hug her so bad.