Chapter 45: Invitation

At the corner, a girl wearing a cap and a black hoodie is hiding at one of the cars parked near Lisa's car and watches the tall girl from the moment she went out of the building until the girl she's waiting for arrived.

The girl gritted her teeth at the sight.

"Aish, why does she have to be that sweet to her?"

The girl grumbled, furrowing her brows after seeing Lisa welcomed the petite girl with a big hug. And even peppered the latter with kisses. Like they never have seen each other for a long time which causes the girl's face to frown and harshly remove her cap.

Throwing it on the side and brushing her hair while huffing. "Why didn't she even give me a chance? There's no way that woman is better than me. She's just a cop for goodness sake." The girl with feline eyes huffed rolling her eyes while gripping tight at the stirring wheel of her car.

But a sudden rang of her phone startled her, "Aish! I almost had a heart attack! Who could this be!?"

The girl groaned, holding her chest after hearing the phone. Then she immediately picked it up from the side. Only to see her mother's caller I.D., her eyes widened in surprise.

And her head tilt in curiosity, before picking the call and bringing it to her ear.

"Mom?"

She answered.

"Jennie dear, where on earth are you? Your father and I are here at your house. We brought gifts for your best friend, and why haven't we seen her since we arrived? Is Lisa with you?"

Jennie's mother asked. Which causes her body to stiffen.

The girl bit her lip and scratches her head with uneasiness. "No, Lisa is busy with her girlfriend mom. And please let's not talk about her. I'll head there now, is Jisoo with you?" The latter replied. While looking outside her window and hissing at the sight of her best friend being all over the older one.

"What? You sound like you have a fight with her, anyway Jisoo is here. And we want you here as well."

"Ok mom, just suit yourselves there while you wait for me."

"Sure, we'll do. And by the way. Can you not bring your boyfriend if ever you're with him? It's you, that we want to see. But it would be nice if we can see Lisa as well."

Jennie's eyes narrowed with confusion.

"You're strange mom, fine anyway I already broke up with Kai. But if you want to see Lisa then call her yourself. I don't even want to talk to her anymore."

Jennie muttered with resentment.

"Stop being petty Jennie Kim, if you two are having some kind of a friendship quarrel, then fix it. Because the owner of the Bruschweiler Industries is someone you don't want to lose as your friend. And the last thing we want to hear from you is cutting ties with her." Her mother mumbled with a reminder, that made her daughter sighed with trouble.

"And about your boyfriend, I thought you love him? Why did you break up with him?", Mrs. Kim added.

"Change of heart.", Jennie answered short, without feeling any remorse.

"Did you just found someone else? Much better than him?" Her mother bluntly asked. Which causes the girl to sigh heavily, as she slouched at her seat. Crossing her arms.

"Uhm, kinda like that, and why are you asking so many questions mom? I'll hang up now. I'll be there in a few minutes, please tell Jisoo that as well. Bye~"

Jennie replied and ended the call without waiting for her mother to answer back.

--------

Lisa Pov