Chapter 26: Alone

Lisa Pov

I don't want to think bad of you Lisa.

I don't want to hate you.

Please don't let me do that."

I was in wrecked the moment she utters those words.

And I just realize how much unsure and betrayed she might have felt the entire time she's watching me.

My jaw tightened.

"I'm sorry. I know what I did wrong."

I muttered, still holding her firm.

"I know something else too Lisa."

"I know now, why do you like me so much."

My eyes narrowed.

"You like me because I wasn't her. You like me because you think I'm not capable of hurting you the way she's hurting you."

She mumbled.

My eyes grew wide and I lost all words to say, and suddenly something hits me.

I'm gonna lose her if she keeps talking.

Then I felt something strange. My heart started beating frantically, and for some reason, I want to curl in my knees and cry.

I looked at her with fright.

"I can't lose you. I don't want to lose you. I'll do anything not to lose you, I'll do anything you want. Just please don't think of leaving me."

I pleaded.

Desperately.

My lips quiver, I bit it immediately and lowered my head.

She'll break up with me. I know she will, she knows I'm in love with Jennie.

I grit my teeth. Trying to think calmly. But I can't help but feel anxious.

I did something wrong that I shouldn't have done.

She'll definitely going to leave me.

But I don't want to break up with her.

I won't.

I won't.

-------

Jieun Pov

My eyes widened. As I saw Lisa's face turned pale as she pleaded to me not to leave her.

And for the first time, she lost her cool. Her lips quiver and she immediately hides it to me. But I took notice of how her eyes mirror how frightened she is before she looks away.

My brows furrowed. I removed her hand gripping my wrist. And cupped her jaws and forced her to look at me. Only to see her holding her tears. But the moment our eyes met.

Something fell down her cheeks. Before she take my hands off her face and lowered her head again.

She's crying.

She's crying because she thinks I'm going to leave her?

My lips pursed as my brows knitted. Why Lisa, why are you confusing me so much?

I didn't think twice, I was the one who lunges at her, wrapping my arms around her waist and rested my head on her chest. Listening to those thuds, it was frantically beating. I made her heartbeat like this. This is because of me right?

I was the one causing her this right now, and not her best friend.

I sighed in relief as I closed my eyes and continue to listen.