Chapter 16: Starting

Jieun Pov

She just steps out of her car, and it's already suffocating me. It's even harder to breathe now that I finally saw her.

I inhaled deep, as I tried to keep my calm. How could she do this to me? I almost hate myself for putting her in that situation alone. And she's here walking to my direction still smiling at me.

"Did I saw you smile when you see me?", She asks me with a smug. But I just keep staring at her, she looks badly hurt.

I don't want to admit if I smile, and I don't want to deny it as well. I'm confused.

"It's ok If you don't want to admit. It's enough that I saw it. Now, why are you looking at me like that?", she asked as her face turned into worries.

She sighed heavily.

Then she walks closer to me. But I didn't move away, and I honestly would let her do what she wants because I already feel exhausted. I don't have any more strength to argue with her.

"I thought I was gonna die. And I didn't expect this-",

she muttered and paused, lifting her hand

she muttered and paused, lifting her hand. Reaching for my cheek, I didn't flinch this time and shamefully stare at her while she cupped my face and gently caressed it with her thumb.

While starting through my eyes, I don't know how long we shared that peaceful silence. Before she continues.

"But you're the last first person that comes in my head during that time."

And the next thing she did caught me off guard.

My heart almost burst out, from beating frantically.

When she moves one more step and remove our gap. I know what's gonna happen but I'd let her. She wrapped me with her long arms. It wasn't forceful, it wasn't aggressive.

It was comforting and securing.

I bit my lip hard to stop myself from returning her hug. My hands balled as I prevent them to move and wrap on her waist.

I had to catch my breath and relax. But it wasn't any used. My heart is as frantic as when I see her.

Then I felt her arms tighten, heard her heavy breathing, her long exhale all of it that give me that warm feeling.

"I've tried looking for you," I muttered on her shoulder.

"I know", she mumbled.

"But I couldn't find you."

"I'm sorry"

"You're stupid to forget your phone."