Chapter 6: Poison

"Jang Kiha", the man uttered as he reached Lisa's hand for a handshake.

"Oh, well then nice meeting you Mr. Jang Kiha.", Lisa said with a bright smile.

"Your name seems familiar. Have we met before?", the man asked as his eyes scrutinized the girl's face in front of him. Trying to remember the latter's facial features.

But Lisa's smile disappeared from the question she quickly pulled back her hand. And flashes an awkward smile instead. "Probably not, this is my first time visiting your hotel.", Lisa replied with a slight shook of her head.

"How did you know this is his hotel?", the small girl beside Lisa asked that caught both Mr. Jang and Lisa's attention.

"Yeah, how did you know then?", the man joins with furrowed brows.

"Huh? Ow, I just thought the way he occupies such a large space like this on the top floor of the hotel means he's either a hotel manager or the owner. But I would like to think that this is yours, because why not?" Lisa paused and chuckled awkwardly watching the expressions from the two people around her.

"Owning such an expensive and well-established architecture is something you should be proud of, and meeting people personally and showing them who owns such a masterpiece is something I would do if I'm the owner myself.", Lisa added as she shrugs.

After she stopped talking, a brief moment of silence filled the place. The tall girl swallowed greedily, turning her gaze back and forth on the man and onto the girl beside her.

Until Mr. Jang laughed. And patted her shoulder looking very satisfied with her answer.

"I'm impressed. You actually have a point. By the way are you a cop as well?", The man asked. And Lisa quickly nod her head, confirming the latter's question.

"Oh, that's surprising, if you didn't tell me you're a cop I would actually think you came from a family of business tycoons. Because the clothes you're wearing definitely worth millions of won.", Mr. Jang replied as he smirked.

Jieun doesn't seem to mind what the tall girl is wearing especially when it comes to brands. But now that the man mentioned it, her eyes roamed at the tall girl's attire. From her shoes to her pants, the watch on her wrist to her blouse, to her coat. Until her eyes landed at the prominent lump on the girl's long neck as she swallowed hard.

She thought the tall girl was getting anxious trying to hide her status by how she tensed up whenever she hears a comment that could link into who she really is

"You want me to show you who am I, but it looks like you're the one hiding something.", Jieun mumbled on her thoughts. She smirked, seeing how ironic that sounds, but she still has some empathy left in her so she opened her mouth to save the latter from exposing herself although it's already obvious with the way she dresses.