Chapter 11: Khight

Lisa Pov

The young girl's cry is now slowly turning into small sobs. But sunbaenim just let her cry on her shoulder for a while now while she's gently patting it's back like a big eonni she is.

And I was just staring at them the whole time. I let her do what she thinks is needed to do, and it was so worth it every second looking at her. I mean them.

I knew it, there's a lot more to know about her, that no one would think she's capable of because of the image she's trying to portray.

And this one I'm witnessing now is just of those.

My lips curved into a smile, as I felt my chest is starting to disturb me again. My brows knitted, I reached the place where I feel this frantic beating.

It's becoming more often.

It doesn't hurt, but it's giving me that nervous feeling. Like the guts inside my stomach wanted to crumble out, while my heart is frantically beating that it's already affecting my hearing.

And even my rational thinking.

Because I honestly want to grab sunbaenim's arm and wrapped my arms around her. I really feel proud of what she's doing that I feel like she deserves a hug too.

But my hand clenched, as I try to stop myself from thinking such thing for her.

"Officer?"

My eyes shot wide, the moment I heard her voice. "Huh?", I answered unclenching my hands and looking at them cooly.

"Let's get back to the convenience store.", Sunbaenim said. While holding the kid's hand.

The young girl turns at me looking frightened. As she kept half of her body hidden behind sunbaenim.

So I gave her a warm smile assuring her that I'm not gonna hurt her.

She relaxes, and slowly showed herself, standing beside Sunbaenim.

We head back to the store and I'm glad the kid didn't try to escape from Jieun's hand. They were talking timidly, and I just heard this young girl's name is Nayeon. And she did what she did earlier because she and her little brother hasn't been eating since yesterday. And their useless father doesn't care about them, and been drunk since last night.

My teeth gritted as I hear her story. How could that jerk leave his children to starve. I'm am so mad right now.

I was so consumed with my thoughts that I didn't notice right away that we have came back to the store.

The owner welcomes the three of us with crossed arms. The guy snatch the young girl's arm pulling the kid towards him harshly.

"You! You think you can just escape like that after shoplifting my store!?", The man with a large belly shouted at her. I was about to pull them apart. But Sunbaenim was quick to pull the kid back to her, and hiding the latter on her back.

"We're here to pay what the kid took from your store.", She muttered, looking at the man with fuming eyes.

I stayed quiet. And watch as the man straightened his back and glares back at the two girls in front of him.

"Officer, you can pay for those of course. But I'm still expecting you to do your job. As a COP.", The man mumbled viciously.

Sunbaenim snorted.

"If she pay for those items then that means she didn't steal it. She could have just forgot to pay it?", Sunbaenim retorted. I smirked. This woman really is something, and she keeps surprising me.