Chapter 19: Crazy

The sun already set, but the three of them hasn't arrive yet at their destination. And a particular girl hasn't been talking that much throughout their ride.

Jieun sighed for the umpteenth time. But this time her mother took notice of her.

"Jieun-ah? There must be something bothering you?" Her mother asks searching the latter's eyes.

------

Jieun Pov

I felt a hand grasped my arm, drawing my attention.

My body jerk in surprise. I wouldn't notice that my mother was talking to me if she didn't grab my arm.

"Ye. Eomma?"

My mother furrowed her brows from my question. But why?

"Didn't you hear me? Nevermind, I was just asking what's bothering you, you're not talking unless we talk to you. Are you not feeling well?"

Eomma asked looking very worried. And I didn't know she's been asking me just a while ago. I'm too consumed with my own thoughts.

But how can I not think about it, about her? I told her to forget about it and the look from her face when I said that wouldn't leave me in peace.

She even pleaded to me, not to say that to her. And when I think about it she wouldn't ask me that if she wasn't hurt.

I bit my lip thinking about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if she'll finally leave me alone. It's not like I want her to always annoy me, to always follow me, to always look at me and to always smile at me. She can stop doing that for all I care.

My brows furrowed. I hate how saying all these made my heart clenched.

I'm going crazy.

"Jieun-ah?" My mother calls my attention again.

"I'm fine eomma, I just feel kind of sleepy. That's all." I reasoned out.

"You can go to sleep, eomoni you too. I can handle the drive beside we're halfway there I'll wake you both up when we get there."

Jin-goo suggested looking at me and eomma from the back seat through the front mirror.

And I might grab that opportunity to find peace, I'm actually not in a mood to talk to anyone.

"That's a great idea. I will just take a nap.", I said before my mother threw me another question and another.

So I quickly lean my head on the window and close my eyes and let my self drift to sleep.

------

It was past ten in the evening when they arrived at Busan Gyeongsang province. It took them almost three and a half hours to get to their village.

 It took them almost three and a half hours to get to their village