Chapter 33: Cabinet

"Jieun, I-"

Then a sudden call came in, stopping the tall girl from talking.

"Wait.", Jieun stops the latter to get her phone and check who's calling her.

Lisa bit her lip, as she nods letting the older one talk to whoever that person is. And waits in front of the girl silently.

"Oh, you're already outside? Ok, ok I'll go down."

Lisa's head tilt, and her eyes narrowed after hearing what Jieun said to the phone.

"Uhm, ok. I guess it's ok. We still have time because you're quite early. Ok bye."

Jieun said before ending the call. And turned her attention back to Lisa.

"Who is it?" The tall girl asked curiously.

"It's Jin-goo, he said he'll fetch me today and I accepted it." She said bluntly with a shrugged. Unaware of the sudden surge of emotion taking over the tall girl.

Lisa heave a deep sigh, as she cupped and scratch her nape.

But Jieun could only stare at her with confusion.

"Anyway, I have to go now.", Jieun uttered before she spun and went back inside her apartment, leaving Lisa outside to place down the flowers she gave her, and get her things before going out.

But when she went out, Lisa wasn't outside anymore.

"Did she just left without even waiting for me? I thought she'll walk with me going down.", The small girl mumbles to herself while searching the corridors for the brunette. But gave up, when the hallway is all empty beside her. She decided to get down the building. And there she saw Lisa talking to Jin-goo.

------

Jieun Pov

As soon as I reached the ground floor, I saw her outside and talking to Jin-goo. I thought she left, but it happens that she just went down first. I walk and was about to open the main door, but I stopped. As my eyes narrowed.

I noticed Lisa's face darkened. And it sends something in me, I bit my lip as I stare at her from afar. Lisa's side profile is always that captivating and one of the things I found really attractive from her, but seeing her this serious and gloomy is different.

My hands gripped tight on the strap of my bag. Finding myself feeling hot, and I hate it. Lisa still has that effect on me, and I shamefully admit how much I miss her.

"Stop.", I grumbled under my breath and shake my head to take the thoughts of her out. Before I pushed the door open and drawing their attention to me.

I walk towards them, but I saw Lisa's jaw clenched, brows furrowed and she was glaring at me. Is she mad? And before I even got close to them, she stomped hastily towards her car that had me taken aback.

And I watch how she got inside her car and slam the door closed before us, turning her engine on and drive off without bidding her goodbye to her seniors.

"What's wrong with her? Did you tell anything to her that made her like that?" I asked worriedly at Jin-goo when I stopped beside him.

"I don't understand why she's still pursuing you. When you said she likes someone else deeper than she likes you. And that someone also likes her back? Why don't they just be together and leave you alone?" Jin-goo muttered, looking upset.

"She doesn't deserve you Jieun-ah. I'm not gonna let her have her way with you again and make you look like a fool."

He added, looking at me with resolve. But my brows knitted in response. I suddenly felt anxious on the way he talks, are they fighting? Is that why Lisa looks so mad a while ago?