Chapter 44: Advice

Jieun Pov

Lisa asked me to live with her last night, and I gave her my answer in just a heartbeat.

When I told her I'm gonna marry her, I knew these things will follow. And anyway, I myself wanted to be with her every single day. So I wouldn't mind if we start living together before the marriage.

"Here's the result."

Someone spoke that snap me out of my thoughts. I turn to her direction and saw Irene giving me some papers that I needed for one of my assignments.

I took it quickly from her and scanned it. Reading the information about the bullet used to kill one of the victims. That we can use maybe for search warrants.

"Jieunah"

Irene calls my attention, so I cocked my head up to look at her.

"Aren't everything going too fast for both of you?"

She asked with narrowed eyes. I told her about me and Lisa's plan, yesterday, so now that we finally saw each other, I knew she's gonna assure if I'm serious.

I put down the papers I'm holding, and smile at my long time friend and workmate.

"There's a month before we get married, there's a lot of time for us to think about it. If nothing between us changes within that time, then there's no reason for us not to get married. I love her, she loves me. Whether we wait for a month, 5 months, 1 year, 2 years or even how many years, it won't make that much difference. I'm still gonna marry her regardless."

I answered her with a shrugged.

Irene's mouth fell agape, as her head tilts looking amused.

"Ok, I get it, you sound pretty sure about it so I trust you. Although I never actually thought there's someone out there that can melt your heart."

My friend bluntly said to me, that causes my eyes to turned into slits. Am I that cold?

I snorted. Ok, I remember, and I admit I was.

"Yes, and that's Lisa."

I replied quickly.

"Oh God, I'm wondering what did that junior officer made you eat, for you to be this in love?", Irene said as her face contorted with horror.

Which made me laugh. Covering my face with the papers on my hand.

"Wae? You have a junior officer too, it's not like I'm the only one like this. Aren't two dating already?"

I asked her, turning the table on her.

Because as far as I know, Lisa's friend Kang Seulgi has been clinging into her even before Lisa and I happened.

But to my surprise, Irene rolled her eyes. "Yes, we are dating, but she's quite popular with girls and too dense. She doesn't even notice when I'm jealous. Which makes me even more annoyed."

Irene said as she huffs with frustration, and flicking her hair with a sass. I smirked, slightly shaking my head. Because I could relate to her problem, and even have it worst.

That I actually think, there's no way Lisa would choose me over her best friend.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing, so uhm did you tell Ms. Kang that you're jealous of those whoever those girls are?"

I asked with curiosity.

"I didn't, she needs to find it out herself. If she really loves me, she'll know. Or she loves me, she's just dense."

Irene immediately gave her girlfriend some slacks after her complaints. That causes me to chuckle.