Chapter 21: Unable

"Lisa!?"

Jieun shouted her name. Calling the girl with panic after not appearing back on the surface after a minute.

Her uncle and auntie run towards the dock as well being worried.

"Officer please get up!"

She shouted once again, her face painted full of worries.

Feeling the agitation consuming her whole body. Biting her lip, and clenching her hands at the edge of the dock.

"Lisa, please!?"

She tried again, but she couldn't wait any longer Jieun stood up, and aim to jump when Jin-goo hold her arm tight stopping her.

"What are you gonna do?", The man asked looking surprised at the girl's uneasiness.

"Get off!" Jieun ordered him, pulling her arm back with force. And without second thoughts the girl jumps to the river as well.

"Jieun!"

"Jieun-ah!"

Jin-goo and the two older one calls her with panicked.

The girl didn't mind what's gonna happen to her after jumping to save Lisa. Thinking she can dive deep, and search for the latter.

But the pressure as she goes deeper, make her anxiety kick fast. Her legs started to cramp all of sudden.

She knows how to swim but she never dive on water for long. Neither went far from the surface.

And for the first time, she thought of dying. She panicked, the air she kept inside her mouth gradually left her.

Making it hard for her to breath, while the pain on her leg tortures her.

------

Lisa Pov

I wanted to show her I could catch a fish as well but no way I'll wait for it, I'll hunt it myself.

So I took the small net on the side which they're using as a trap.

And took off my clothes and jump on the river. I've been thought to keep my breath underwater for long, I was trained by my parents since I was young, we've been doing all kinds of hunting.

And that's something I'm confidently good at.

The river has a lot of fishes swarming near the bay. I just need to open the net and dive into those groups. Eventually, it took me 3 tries to caught two or three fishes at the same time.

And I immediately went up to the surface with a wide smile. And showing off to them my catch.

"Sunbae-"

I shouted but Jin-goo jumping to the river welcome me above. And the horror on Jieun's auntie and uncle's face.

"Oh my, you're alive thank goodness. Jieun followed you down and she's been there quite long." Auntie said looking horrified and scared.

I didn't think twice and let go of the fishes I'm holding, as I dive back to the river.

And look for her.

Fuck!

Why did she do that!?

She can just wait for me above.

I search with distress. And swim faster as I could.

Dive deeper as I could.

Please be safe.

I few seconds then, I saw someone, continues to fall deeper at the depth of the river.

She wasn't struggling to swim up and it alarmed me, I quickly rushed towards her. And when I came close to her she's already unconscious, so grabbed her, hugging her with my right arm as I swim up.