Chapter 12: Arcade

Lisa Pov

I pulled her to me way too hard.

And it was too late for her to keep the distance between us. As I wrapped my other arm around her waist out of instinct.

Having our faces so close to each, that I could almost feel her breathing on my skin.

My head started to get clouded, I couldn't think straight as my eyes slowly lingers down from eyes to her lips. I think I stopped breathing for a second.

And the more I look at her parted mouth the more it drew me forward. I couldn't even hear anything else aside from my own heart frantically beating. There's something in her that felt like a magnet pulling me down, I can't stop. I don't want to either. Then I felt her hands tightened its grasp on my shoulder. And so did my arm around her waist.

What exactly are we doing?

"Jieun shi?"

"Lisa?"

My eyes widened and so was her.

Then it fucking hit me like a truck.

She pushed me and I pulled away from her as quickly as possible.

But my heart wouldn't calm down, especially when I realized what just happened.

I gulped. We both stare at each other with disbelief. Panting hard at the same time.

Did I?

For a moment.

Wanted to kiss her?

"Lisa?", Then I heard some familiar voice called out to me. I don't want to look away, but she's the one who broke our gaze to each other. As she turns her attention to the guy who called her.

Jin-goo sunbae appeared behind her.

And when I looked to my left I was shocked to see who's the person that was calling me.

"Jennie?", I mumbled with wide eyes. My best friend walk towards me with such a bright smile.

But unexpectedly Jennie brought her hands to my face cupping my cheeks on both sides. I froze when she started to pout.

"Yah? I've been calling you for hours, but you aren't picking up? So I decided to just come here.", my best friend said with her face almost just an inch from me.

", my best friend said with her face almost just an inch from me

I shivered. I feel like someone is boring a hole in me. So I quickly grab Jennie's hands on my face. And slowly put it down, "I'm sorry, I was just trying to focus on my work.", I reasoned out.

"Jieun-shi? I thought you left already. I was just gonna ask you if you want to hitch with me. I'm gonna pass by on Myeondong. So-", I heard Jin-goo sunbae said.

My jaw clenched, I was supposed to ask her that a while ago.

"Oh, hi there Officer Manoban. And?", Jin-goo mentioned my name, so I turn to them with a weak smile.