Chapter 5: The Hotel

"Officer Lee"

"And officer Manoban", the man with gray hair and authoritative aura calls out their names. Which gotten both their attention and as well as the other officers in the room.

Both girls stood up from their desk. And quickly goes in front of the old man.

"How are you, Officer Lee? I've got news that you were attacked by some lunatics last night. And a stranger calls me this morning that you were in a hospital? So why is that you are here? Aren't you supposed to be resting? I already excuses you today didn't I?", The old man bombarded her with so many questions as soon as she their eyes meet.

Lisa just watch as the girl didn't even bat an eye with their boss's intimidating questions. Which really fascinates her.

"And yesterday. You forgot you have already asked me to rest yesterday. Just tell me if you want me to quit being a cop.", The girl said straightforwardly. And had Lisa choked in shock.

The chief inspector didn't comment, and neither the other officers.

But Lisa didn't understand their faces at all, those kind of remarks are too disrespectful she thought. So her panic for the girl's behavior consumes her, she suddenly grabs on the girl's arm and leaned into the latter's ear.

Seeing this action from the new recruit. Made everyone gasped and their jaw dropped from the sight. And this includes the old man who's witnessing the events up close.

"What are you doing?", Lisa whispered on the girl's ears that made the latter's head tilt in response. Which caught them both froze and their face flushed sheepishly.

Lisa found the girl's response surprisingly cute, while Jieun who never had herself in that kind of kinship. Made a sharp intake of breath and shoot a glare on the tall girl.

Their eyes met. But Lisa couldn't help but smile while the other grit her teeth and balled her hands wishing to strangle the girl for that blatant behavior in such time and place.

"Kyeopta.", Lisa mumbled, still looking at the girl in awe.

Jieun replied, "stop." As she hissed at her and threatens her with her gaze.

This is when their chief inspector fake a cough to get both their attention back to him.

"What am I seeing? Are you two?", The chief asked pointing a hand on each of them, and slowly moving those fingers and putting it together in the middle, asking if they're a couple.

Both girls mouth fell down. But before Lisa give her answer Jieun already slammed her hands on their chief inspector's desk that had the old man flinch in shock.

"Don't! Ever think that I would waste my time on such things. Just tell me why you've asked me to come over here.", the petite girl muttered cruelly.

-------

Lisa Pov

I was beyond offended.

What was that? Am I a waste of time? This is the first time I've heard about that.

This girl is really testing my patience. But I know she's intentionally making me feel intimidated. But I don't know there's something in her that gives me this feeling that this attitude she's showing to everyone is not everything she is.

And I'm going unravel that.

Our chief inspector suddenly looked at my direction, with worried eyes. As he shook his head. Mumbling "poor kid", I've heard it.

What?! What's with that reaction? Does he think I'm being rejected? Oh come on, they really think I'm having unrequited feelings over this girl? That's not gonna fucking happen.