Chapter 13: Professional

Jieun Pov

Did I go overboard for her to cry?

I know I am not good at talking. Or even making friends and I've been very honest to her on that part. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

I didn't want to hurt anyone. I didn't want them to think I'm perfect and end up disappointing them in the end.

So I'd rather stay who I really am, than be someone they expect me to be. Just for them to be satisfied.

I didn't know how long I was staring at her. And thinking what to do, or what to feel. I'll be honest, something in me wanted to cup her face and dry her tears. But I'd rather not. Because I don't want her to expect something else.

"Did you come here to cry? And make me feel guilty?", I blurted out. And bit my lip after.

I wanted to take it back as soon as I said it. This is why I'm not good at talking. I tend to say mean things without thinking if I could hurt them or not.

"Yes. I guess that's the reason why I came here for.", She said as she wipes her eyes quickly. Smiling despite knowing she's not ok.

My jaw clenched. I know she's lying about her reason. But I don't want to make this longer so I'll take that answer and pretend it was really her intention. I want to get out of here. Staying close to her is getting me anxious.

"It's already late. My time for babysitting only last until our end shift.", I said as I brushed my arms and hugged myself from the cold.

She smirked. "Are you cold?", and asked me the most obvious thing.

"I'm sorry.", She mumbled and step towards me.

My eyes flinched as I noticed her advancement. But this time I did not step back away or I might do the same mistake again.

So I just waited for her to come close to me. And stood tall towering me with her height. She's four years younger than me, yet she's way taller which makes it more irritating.

But why is she standing this close to me and staring at me like that? Like how she looked at me when we almost..nope, I don't even want to remember.

"You don't want to make the same mistake again. I see.", She mumbled. I gulped, knowing she's talking about the almost kiss.

"I'm glad that you see it as a mistake. Because it is really just a mistake. And I don't-"

"It isn't a mistake.", She blurted out that stopped me from continuing.

"At least for me.", she added. My brows knitted.

I want to think that she's not referring to the almost kiss we had.

"You're kidding.", I snorted.

But then she took one more step, making our faces an inches away from each other. And slowly leaned her head towards me, which gave me an instinct to retreat and step back away.

And when I did, she grabbed my arms on both sides stopping me. My heart almost stop as I feel out of breath when she abruptly pulled me so close to her. And stopped when her lips are almost just a thumb away from mine.

Her gaze is fixated on my lips, I could say because I was looking at her eyes the whole time. I'm expecting her to be joking, I'm expecting her to do this because she's pissing me off.

But what I saw made me feel vulnerable and weak. I suddenly felt the air gets thinner. Making me feel suffocated once again.

Wait?