part four

Lydia White
I jolt awake in what I come to realize is the back seat of a car.

My mind was so fuzzy and I couldn't remember much...I remember being grabbed, but that was the extent...until I look around and see my supposedly dead ex boyfriend kneeling next to the backseat with the car door open.

I immediately try to back away, not knowing how to react.

He looks so real.

"Hey hey hey, relax. You just fainted." he says, resting his hand on my leg.

His hand had the same cross tattoo from before. His voice was the same, deep and raspy.

How is this possible?

"Y-you're supposed to be dead." I stutter, unable to stop staring at him.

"I guess I have a lot of explaining to do." he says.

"Where am I?"

"In the back of my car on..." he tilts his head outside to look at a street sign. "45th ave."

I haven't moved from the hall.

I try to focus on my breathing, because I was in utter shock as to how Harry was sitting in front of me.

He looked the same, but his hair was shorter now. It didn't hang below his ears or sit on top of his head messily. It was clean cut.

"I don't understand. T-the building. I watched it blow up." I tug at my roots.

He licks his lips and looks at me, then climbs into the backseat, sitting next to me but keeping his distance. I curl my knees to my chest to keep mine as well.

He looks down at his ring covered fingers.

"I made it out." he states.

"W-what? So you're not dead?" I say stupidly, still kind of believing he was a ghost.

He furrows his brows. "No, I'm not dead." he shakes his head. "I made it out a back exit. I was going to go and find you but then another explosion happened and it sent me flying into the forest. When I eventually made it back, you were gone."

I couldn't believe it. He's been alive all this time.

"It's been a year. Where have you been?" I rub my temples, trying to process this whole thing.

"I couldn't come back until I knew it was safe." he states.

"Where did you go?"

He looks from me to his hands in his lap. "I can't tell you. But we relocated so the Phantoms wouldn't find us."

The Phantoms were something I thought about everyday for months after Harry 'died'.

I always thought they were waiting for the right moment to come for me, because, although they mainly used me to get to Harry, I killed one of their members.

And, obviously, they don't take that stuff lightly.

But, I haven't had anything happen to me since. Not even a sign of the Phantoms being around. It was like it all disappeared just like Harry.

I couldn't believe he was sitting here next to me. I didn't know what to think, what to do, or what to say. It felt like a dream.

"Why are you here now?" I ask, not looking at him.

He shrugs. "A couple of reasons. One of them being that I wanted to find you." he tilts his head and drifts his gaze toward me.

I keep my eyes down, avoiding eye contact. "I can't believe this."