part thirty five

*third person*

Harry and Lydia didn't expect to spend their night escaping from their own home.

There they were, racing through the streets, as rain poured rapidly from the sky, facing the fear of the unknown.

Lydia kept her hand on her pregnant belly, praying the baby was okay after all the stress. She recalled the fear she felt, seeing those three monsters again.

She hasn't seen them in a year.

She was scared about how they knew where to find them. She was scared that people wanted the person she loved to be captured and tortured, then killed.

She couldn't live with herself if it happened. She can't live without him. Not again.

They didn't know what would come next. Their home was burning down with everything they cherished inside of it as they sped away to some sort of sanctuary.

Harry knew that the life he lived would come with consequences, but up until he met Lydia, he never knew these consequences would occur to other people.

All he knew was, from the moment the fire was set ablaze by Zayn, that he had to get Lydia somewhere safe.

He did have a place in mind...

He didn't want to, but he didn't have a choice.

He stopped the car on the side of the road, telling Lydia that he can't bring it any closer just in case they were being followed. His closest friends were the only place they could go. Otherwise they'd die.

Harry helped Lydia out of the car, despite being soaked by the rain falling. His curls cling to his forehead. He was cold. He was scared.

He took his girlfriend by the hand and they began sprinting down the road heading to the paved driveway of the cabin.

The rain splashed beneath their feet. They ran as fast as they could go. Harry would keep looking over his shoulder to make sure Lydia was okay.

She was.

Out of breath, Lydia kept pushing. Her clothing was sopping wet. Her hair was dripping. She looked at Harry who was just in a black t shirt. His wet tattoos glistened in the moonlight as his arms moved while he ran.

She prayed they weren't being followed. She didn't know how much more stress her poor body could take before something happened to Daisy, her daughter growing inside of her. 

Lydia was so cold. She felt like she was going to freeze to death. But she was more concerned about Harry. He wasn't covered.

Harry, of course, didn't care about the state of his body. He just knew he had to keep going so Lydia was okay. In the end, it was all for Lydia.

The cabin was close. They were now running down the driveway. All of the boys cars were in sight.

The lights were on. The rain splashed down on the wood that held the structure of the cabin.

Harry called Lydia's name, not really knowing why. He asked if she was okay.

She only said yes.

They bolted up the steps to the front door.

Harry pounded his cold, blood stained fists one the door.

"It's me!" he shouted desperately. He didn't even think to grab his keys and unlock the door. He was too cold to think.

He heard rushed footsteps from the inside. He looked back at Lydia, who was shivering but staying strong. She's always been a fighter. Harry loved that about her.

He wished he had brought a jacket for her. Not only to warm her, but also to cover her belly.

Her pregnant belly that was about to be exposed to the guys. 

The door opened. All of the guys stood before them, wide eyes on each of their faces.

Louis was the frontman, he looked between two of his soaking wet friends. Lydia noticed as Louis' eyes drifted down.

Louis sucked in a breath through his nose when he noticed. He had realized now that his best friend had gotten her pregnant.

Lydia couldn't read his face. She couldn't tell if he was shocked or disappointed, or if he simply didn't care at all.

Harry grabbed Lydia's hand once again and brought her inside. Niall ran upstairs, coming back down with two towels. Harry wrapped one around Lydia before taking the other one for himself.

All of the boys had noticed the elephant in the room now. None of them said a word.

Of course they were wondering how it happened, where it happened, even when it happened...but they had greater concerns.

Why are they here?

That's when Harry explained it all.

He explained that he met his mother. He explained that they came home to a already broken into apartment.

He told them how he held his terrified girlfriend close behind the couch, his hand over her mouth so she didn't make noise when she cried. He told them how he was considering just handing himself over to them in order for her life to be spared.

Lydia didn't like to hear that. Not at all.

He told them how their apartment was currently burning down, along with their belongings.

Lydia's book, the car seat, all of it.

But one thing that Lydia was so grateful that she had on her at all times, was the locket.

The locket Harry gave to her on her birthday. The locket that she was waiting to fill the other side of.

She knew what the other side was going to be. She's known for a while.

It'll be a picture of Daisy. Their whole family will be secured in that necklace.

Harry took Lydia to the shower, both of them stepping in and cleaning themselves off. Dried blood from the places the rain couldn't reach fell off of Harry's body, and Lydia watched it stream down the drain.

She didn't know if it was his blood or not.

Harry placed a hand on Lydia's stomach. He kissed her.

As they kissed, they both wondered what came after this.

They didn't know what to expect, but they'd do it together.

//

double update :)

so things are gonna start to get pretty heavy from here. there'll still be some lighthearted moments of course butttt some really important parts of the plot are coming up.

also i'm thinking of linking a playlist to all the songs i listen to/include in the story. would y'all want that???

anyways,, i love you dearly. <3