part six

Lydia White

"Lydia, I'm fine." Harry says as I replace the blood soaked bandage on his head for the second time.

"Maybe I should take you to a doctor." I bite my lip in concern. His head was bleeding a lot.

He exhales a small chuckle. "I've been through much worse. I'll be okay."

After the incident with Cody, Harry tried to help me clean the broken glass, but I didn't let him.

Then, thirty minutes ago, he told me he should leave because he'd done enough damage tonight...but the moment he stood up, he nearly collapsed from dizziness.

Cody hit him pretty badly. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a concussion.

As for Cody himself, I have no idea where he went. Nor did I care at the moment...and I felt sort of guilty for not caring, but he has caused me so much pain tonight.

This wasn't just him being drunk and pissed off...this was the him showing his true colours. What I saw tonight was what I failed to see when we were at our best.

I had no intention of reaching out to Cody until he did so first. I was pissed, but I'm not exactly the best at showing it.

I understood where Cody's anger came from, coming home to see me with another guy- who also happens to be my ex boyfriend, but he doesn't have to know that-. But that's no excuse for him to do what he did.

He almost hit me.

If Harry hadn't have shouted, it probably would've happened.

Although, if Cody laid a hand on me with Harry in any sort of proximity, I'm pretty sure Cody's hand would be broken within a few minutes.

I don't know what to do with Harry. He saved me and got hurt in doing so. I cant just let him go home or anything. For all I know he could have a real head injury and not be able to drive. He did plan on spending the night, so I guess that's what's going to happen.

I finished cleaning the mess and then stood in the kitchen area, looking at Harry on the couch.

He still had the ice on his eye and a fresh bandage on his head. His head was resting on the back of the couch and his eyes were pinched shut. I'm guessing it hurt to keep them open.

"Why don't you lay down?" I suggest, knowing he wouldn't be very comfortable sleeping in that position.

He lets out a whine. "M'too tired."

He's the same six foot, tatted child that I knew before.

I roll my eyes at him before walking over and sitting next to him.

He rolls his head over to look at me, and opens his eyes.

"Sorry for keeping you awake." he mumbles.

"I don't care." I say. I wasn't really tired anymore considering everything that's happened.

He takes a deep breath. "Is he always like that?"

I tilt my head in confusion.

"Your boyfriend. Is he always the way I saw him tonight?" he asks in more clarity.

I sigh and rub my temple with my one hand. "No. Tonight was really bad, it was from the start. But he's not always like this."

He looks at me up and down then bites the inside of his cheek. "You know he was going to hit you, right?"

I look down at my lap. "Yeah." I breathe out.

Harry nods and then glances down.

I couldn't help but think about how tonight could've ended so differently.