part twelve

10k on crumble??? wtf??? that's crazy. i love you all.
hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Harry Styles

We were all sitting and waiting for Eliza and Liam.

I think we were all going stir crazy, waiting for something to happen.

But while all of this between Liam and Eliza was going on, I was struggling with my own conflict.

I've caught Lydia staring at me a grand total of 5 times since we've been here. I'll make eye contact with her, and then she'll look away.

She hasn't said a word to me, and it was starting to piss me off.

It's been over an hour since the hospital, where I kissed her, told her I loved her and she said it back.

I knew she was being distant now because I suggested that she come back to the gang with me. I know that I was asking a lot of her, and I know she's moved on...but there was a time where we did anything and everything for each other.

A year later and I'm still not used to not having that.

"Why did Louis and I have to come here, again?" Niall asks, lying on the ground next to the couch and staring at the ceiling.

"We have to support Liam." I say. It was also because I thought he might try to walk out after seeing his son in the flesh and we'd have to stop him.

"They've been in there for ten minutes. What the hell could they be doing for ten minutes?" Louis complains as he scrolls through his phone.

"I can't believe how annoying you two are." I mumble, rolling my eyes at them. It felt like I had to step away for a moment, just to get my head clear and be alone...even if it was only for a little.

"Where's the bathroom?" I ask openly, mainly directed towards Lydia considering she was the only one out of the four of us that knew her way around the apartment.

"Uhm-" she starts, awkwardly tucking her hair behind her ear. "Here, I'll show you." she says. I furrow my brows because it would have been enough if she simply pointed me in the direction.

I follow her out of the living room area and down the hallway, where she continues straight to the end of the corridor, stopping at the open bathroom door.

"Thanks." I say, starting to walk in.

"Wait." she says suddenly, snapping a firm grip on my forearm. I look down at her in confusion before she literally pulls me into the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" I question her actions as she shuts the door behind us.

"Are we gonna talk about what happened earlier?" she stands in front of me with her arms crossed.

"The kiss?" I stick my head forward for clarification, making her nod. "What about it? We've kissed tons of times." I respond nonchalantly, even though it was just as big of a deal for me.

She shoots me an offended look. "Okay, but this is different. Look at the circumstances."

I press my lips together. "I'm gonna need you to clarify." I say, causing her to huff in frustration.

Was I being petty and trying to push her buttons? Yes.

There was no real reason for it, really...other than knowing I couldn't get angry at her for not agreeing to come back with me from the get go.

"We kissed because you wanted me to run away with you. Actually, you expected me to run away with you. You expected me to drop everything. And then, on top of that...you tell me you love me." she spiels.