Epilogue

*pleaseee read the authors note at the end :)*

Lydia White

"I wish he could've met her." Harry says as we stand over Liam's grave in the backyard.

He was holding Daisy in his arms, while she was dressed in a little pink romper. I stood right next to him, my head resting on his shoulder.

"He's looking down at us." I say.

That's what I was choosing to believe, that Liam wasn't really gone.

We got back from the hospital a week ago. We're still adjusting to everything. We aren't even comfortable leaving Daisy alone in her nursery just yet. We got a mobile crib that we put next to our bed, and she slept in there.

It's just not easy, after everything we've gone through. We're taking baby steps. Literally.

"I just know he would've loved her." I mumble.

He nods. "Just like he loved Elijah."

Liam was on the path to becoming an incredible father. He had the attributes, he just needed to apply them...and he was starting to.

He really was gone too soon.

I felt slightly guilty.

Liam was shot because he was protecting me, and that was a lot of weight to carry.

I've talked to Harry about it, and he -of course- told me not to let those thoughts haunt me.

And I haven't been, but sometimes it gets loud.

"He deserved so much better than what he got." Harry murmurs, looking down at his friend's grave with a frown.

"He's in peace now." I try to make light of the situation.

"I know, I just miss him."

I frown and rub his back gently. I know he was hurting a lot, but he's been distracted, which I guess can be seen as a good thing.

He turns his head toward me with and exhale through his nose. "We should get going, hey?" he says.

I glance up at him and nod. He plants a quick kiss on my forehead before we walk to his car.

Today was a sunny day, and we had big plans.

Harry buckles Daisy up in her car seat, making sure she was all fastened in for her safety. He gets into the drivers seat, with me in the passengers side next to him.

He grabs my hand and brings it to his lips, planting a kiss on it before driving.

"I'm excited." I smile softly, making his dimple pop as his lips curl in return.

"Me too."

We had the windows down, the light breeze blowing my hair as we drove down the highway.

I lay my head against the headrest, feeling peaceful for the first time in ages.

I didn't even remember what peace felt like.