part fifty five

Harry Styles

Everyday, we're getting closer and closer to the delivery.

As a man who's never been a father before, I was scared shitless.

I don't know what to expect, but I'm ready.

My days, technically speaking, are numbered. I know Xavier and the Phantoms have plans to kill me after the birth, but I won't let it happen.

I need to watch Daisy grow up.

It's been about a week since the attack failed. I've been healing pretty good. I'm not really sore anymore, there's just a few scars left over. I'm honestly surprised I didn't have any broken bones.

Lydia didn't let me do any intense physical activity so that I could heal faster. She didn't let me work out or do any sort of heavy lifting, and she would get mad at me if I even tried to.

I even attempted to have sex once. I got the bed all ready and I was horny as a fucking racehorse...and she said no. She assertively said it would be 'too much for my body' right now.

And what made it worse for me was that her assertiveness turned me on even more.

So I went to bed grumpy and aroused.

But, after a week of trying to relax and heal, I'm better now.

I won't lie, things have been hard. We've been dealing with so much.

Louis' been getting pretty bad with his drinking. Worse than usual, I mean. I think it's because of Liam and Tatum. He never fully opened up about that trauma. He drinks to numb it.

Lydia's parents are just beginning to accept our relationship again.

Her dad still hates me, but he loves her.

Eliza's been spending a lot of time with Louis, because she needs help with Eli. For both of them, it's a piece of Liam that they both were left with.

Niall's been quiet. I cant tell what he's feeling, honestly.

We're just all on edge.

The only times things feel normal is when it's just Lydia and I. It's like we're the only two people in the world. I love that.

We'll get some small moments together, and we cherish those the most.

She's been so impressive with this pregnancy. She must be so uncomfortable, but she's not letting it get to her.

Well, physically, anyway.

Emotionally, however...that's a different story.

I'm not gonna flat out say that she's mean...but she has hurt my feelings a couple times.

A five foot three woman who wouldn't hurt a fly hurt my fucking feelings.

A few days ago, we were sitting outside in the backyard, and she blatantly snapped and told me I was chewing too loud.

I was eating yogurt.

Yesterday, we were in the kitchen, where I was happily making some lunch for everyone. She had some trouble getting onto one of the stools to sit so I kindly tried to help her out, which was followed by her pushing me away and very clearly telling me that I need to learn to keep my dick in my pants.

When I responded with, "Two people are responsible for making a child", she walked to the fridge, opened it, then threw an egg at me.

An egg.