part fifty nine: the delivery

Thank you SO fucking much for 100k on crumble. You guys are the best, I love you so much.

Lydia White

My body was going through something it had never experienced before, all of my senses were in overdrive.

I screamed out in pain as my contractions grew worse, almost to the point where I couldn't breathe.

The only thing bringing me comfort was knowing that Harry was alive and right next to me, holding my hand so tightly.

He was beat up pretty bad, dried blood on his head and around his nose, and bruises forming all over his face.

I hate seeing him hurt, but I'm relieved he's here.

"Alright, Lydia." the doctor speaks. "We're going to need you to start pushing. I need you to take a big breath in and then hold it as you push, alright?" she calmly talks me through the process.

I was anything but calm. I was freaking out.

I may have read some articles beforehand, and apparently, what I was about to go through was the worst physical pain a woman can experience.

I look at Harry one final time, my lips parted as I panted. His cut up lips slowly curl up, and he brings our hands to them so he can kiss my knuckles.

"I love you." he mouths.

"Okay, now deep breath in..." the doctor instructs.

With anxiety rising within me, I follow her direction, sucking in air through my mouth.

I was suddenly using all my strength to push as the doctors and nurses instructed.

I held it for five seconds before exhaling and tossing my sweaty head back on the pillow, before I had to repeat the same actions only seconds later.

"You're doing so great, baby." Harry says softly.

"Shut up." I mutter, death gripping his hand tightly. He chuckles under his breath, knowing I was only being like this because I was in pain.

My body hurt so bad, my stomach contracting as our daughter was about to join the world. I kept pushing, for well over an hour. I was sweating and I was crying.

When the doctor finally spoke the words, "She's crowning!", I had officially entered the second stage of labour, and the room erupted. My legs were put in stirrups, and my breath quickened from the fast pace of the room.

Harry sat up more straight, his hand never leaving mine. I could see it on his face, how nervous he was...but he tried to hide it for my sake.

My contractions were so intense that I yelled out in pain. I had never experienced physical pain like this in my entire life. It felt like my vagina was being stretched open as far as it could possible withstand...which, I guess it was.

Harry kept my hair out of my face, kissing my hand. "You've got this."

"Fuck! Why did you do this to me!" I yell in frustration.

"M'sorry babe." he says.

"You need to keep pushing, Miss White."

"I-I can't, it hurts!" I whine in pain, my hand probably bruising Harry's poor fingers even more.

"You can do it, Lyds. You're so strong." Harry says, concern filling his eyes.

I shake my head, my eyes pinched shut. "M-my body c-can't take it."