part forty

it's a bumpy ride from here folks.

in advance...i'm sorry.

Liam Payne

I was on my way back from Eliza's. I had left my cellphone charger at the cabin and I needed to come back and grab it.

I tried calling Harry and Niall, asking if one of them would meet me halfway and bring it. But neither of them answered.

I drove down the dark highway, only minutes away from the cabin. My headlights were the only thing lighting up the road, along with the odd street lamp here and there.

As I drove, my headlights lit up what was ahead of me, causing me to see a figure on the side of the road.

They were crouched over, sitting on the hunches of their knees. They looked like they were injured.

I stop next to them, rolling down my window cautiously.

"Hey!" I yell to get their attention. "You alright?"

It looked like it was a woman. She looks up at me and shakes her head. There were no other cars on the road, so I just stopped the car and hopped out.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" I ask, helping her to her feet. She seemed older than me, maybe in her forties.

"T-there was a m-man" she stammers, barely even able to speak.

"A man? Did he hurt you?" I question. My hand was on her stomach to support her, but I quickly realized that my fingers were covered in liquid. I hold them up to my eyes, seeing dark, crimson blood covering them. I widen my eyes. She was stabbed.

"Holy fuck." I murmur. "Okay, I'm gonna take you to-"

A gunshot rings out.

The woman falls to her knees, out of my grasp. I quickly look around, trying to find the source of the shot.

I pat my waistband for my own gun...but I left it in the car.

Someone approaches from the trees on the side of the highway. I knew it had to have been the person who injured this woman.

They had their gun pointed at me.

I freeze, knowing I was weaponless and they'd shoot me if I moved. Adrenaline was coursing through me.

As they step closer towards me, I see the exact thing that I was dreading. A black leather jacket.

"Get in the car." he says.

He was tall and had a beard that hung from his face. He was coming closer and closer.

"Get in the fucking car!" he raises his voice, his grip tightening around the gun.

I bite my lip in frustration, knowing I had no other option but to listen to him. I get into the drivers seat and he runs over to the passengers, getting in and pointing his gun at my head.

"Now, take me to wherever Styles is hiding or I'll fucking blow your brains out. And don't even think about crashing this car to save his ass because I know where your kid is." he threatens.