part thirteen

thank you for 1k on this story :)

Lydia White

October 3rd

I had every intention of 'letting loose' tonight.

It feels like I've been cooped up for so long, subconsciously forcing myself to maintain a classy image of myself and I've come to realize that the root of this issue was Cody.

I had tricked myself into thinking that he was such a great guy. But I had failed to see what was underneath the act. He was a drunk, cheating asshole who I needed to forget about. Tonight would be the start of that.

I convinced Eliza to come with us. It took some real persuasion from me, because she was nervous to leave Eli. But, when I reminded her of all the fun we used to have when we would party, she complied. She got her mom to babysit so she could have the night out for once. She hasn't had one since she gave birth.

She came over to my house to get ready. It was just like old times.

My outfit was way out of my comfort zone, but it felt completely necessary for this new leaf I was turning over tonight.

It was a silk, nude pink tight fitting dress with fishnet tights underneath and black heels. I accompanied it with a black choker and hoop earrings.

My hair was straight and I had heavier makeup on than usual

My hair was straight and I had heavier makeup on than usual. It wasn't anything too crazy, but enough to make a statement. 

Eliza, rather impressively, bounced back from her pregnant body. She was in great shape. She came out of the bathroom in a tight black mini skirt and a tight black crop top.

"I haven't worn something like this in literally over a year." she explains, not feeling totally confident in herself.

"You look hot." I say with wide eyes. She was literally one of those mothers that kids would have crushes on.

"Yeah?" she says, looking for reassurance.

"Yeah." I nod in confirmation. Eliza used to be so confident and carefree until she had a baby. That's not to say it's Elijah's fault, because she sees him as a blessing, but if we are looking for someone to blame...then it'd be Liam.

I knew Eliza had forgiven Liam for getting her pregnant, because if he didn't then she wouldn't have Elijah. However, I was allowed to have some resentment towards him because Eliza is my best friend and Liam was stupid.

That was my justification.

She was such a strong person, raising a baby without the father for a whole 5 months. She deserved a night out.