part forty two

Lydia White

1 month later.

It hasn't been easy.

Moving on from Liam's death, and trying to go on with our lives while we knew we were in danger...it was hard.

Eliza and Elijah stayed with us up until last week. She couldn't be alone after losing Liam, and it was totally understandable.

It brought all of us closer. We're all this tight circle of friends now, and we all really care about eachother a lot. We figured that it's the only way to proceed after losing someone so dear to us.

I'm in my third trimester, over 8 months along. My stomach is huge. Every single task has become extremely difficult, so Harry has been helping me out a lot.

He's so excited about Daisy, but he's also extremely nervous. He doesn't want his daughter to be a target just because of who he is.

Our lives are going to change completely and I don't know how ready we are for that to happen.

One step in this whole adjustment process is telling my parents that I'm pregnant.

I haven't seen my mom since Harry's birthday, and I haven't seen my dad since mine.

It's safe to say they'll be shocked by my fucking gigantic stomach.

That's where Harry and I were headed, to their house.

He had his hand on my thigh as we drove through the streets. I was wearing one of Harry's really big hoodies, so my stomach wasn't so obvious.

We pull into their neighborhood after a little bit of driving. They knew we were coming over but they had no idea what I was about to tell them.

Harry stops the car in the driveway. I take a deep breath and look down at my belly.

Harry grabs my hand and squeezes it. "It's gonna be okay."

"I'm really nervous." I say.

"They love you, they should be happy for you." he says, unbuckling his seatbelt.

I do the same and quite literally waddle my way out of the car. Harry takes my hand in his and we walk to the front door.

I hesitantly knock, knowing there wasn't any turning back now.

My mom answers the door, her hair styled into a low bun. She immediately welcomes both of us with a smile.

I didn't hug her, because she'd feel my stomach through the hoodie.

We exchange polite hellos, then walk inside.

My dad was waiting behind my mom. He was stood with his hands behind his back.

"How's my girl?" he asks me.

"I'm good, dad." I say in response.

"Hi, Mr. White." Harry says, trying to make his presence less awkward.

My dad nods in acknowledgment. I try to hide my frustration over the fact that my dad still hasn't accepted Harry.