part twenty nine

7k...wtf. i love u.

Harry Styles

Christmas Day

I woke up in bed alone, which automatically had me worried about where Lydia was.

I grab my phone and check the time. It was only 7 in the morning. Where was she?

I got out of bed quickly, literally in just my boxers.

I rush out of the bedroom, my half-asleep mind scared that Lydia might have been taken in our sleep.

I immediately prepared myself for the worst scenario. I was ready to call the guys to help me, even though I was pissed at them—Louis mostly. I was ready to fucking murder whoever dared to lay a hand on her. I was also fully aware that I was in fact half naked running around our apartment like a madman.

From the moment I woke up I had a million thoughts racing through my mind.

Who would've taken her?

Why wouldn't they have taken me?

Where is she now?

Is she okay?

But all these thoughts came to a halt when I found her passed out on the couch. She was wearing one of my t-shirts, curled up on the couch next to the Christmas tree.

I sigh a breath of relief upon seeing her safe and sound. I slowly walk over to her. Her chest was steadily moving up and down and her hair was draped over her face. I push it out of the way to reveal her beautifully relaxed features.

I don't know why she was asleep out here, but I was just glad she was safe.

Her body began to stir slightly and her eyes began to flutter, eventually slowly opening.

"Good morning." I say, kneeled down in front of her.

She smiles. "Merry Christmas."

"Why are you out here? Why weren't you in bed?" I ask, running my hand through her hair.

"I was doing something." she shrugs with a suspicious smile.

I tilt my head. "What?"

"Okay, I know we said we weren't doing gifts...but let this be an exception." she says, reaching over the side of the couch and grabbing a small box from under the tree.

I take a seat beside her on the couch as she hands me the box. "You shouldn't have gotten me anything."

"Shut up and open it." she says playfully.

I laugh under my breath and turn my attention to the small square shaped box in my hand, wrapped in Christmas-themed wrapping paper.

I start to rip it off, revealing the black box that it concealed.

I side-eye Lydia, seeing her legs bounce in anticipation as she waits for me to open my gift. She was keeping her lips pressed into a line as if she was trying not to blurt out what was in this box.

I smile to myself and slowly open the box.

Inside was something I honestly didn't expect at all. A ring.

Not just any ring. It was a ring that matched the one I gave her. The band was thicker, but the same gold. The pink gem was bigger than hers and more embedded in the band rather than hers which just sat on the ring. 

I look over at her, unable to find the words to describe what this meant to me.

The ring I gave her was a symbol of promise. And here she was, returning the promises with a matching ring.