part forty eight

i rewrote this chapter like three times but i got it done so everyone say hallelujah 😴

Harry Styles

I met Lydia back in the waiting room. She stood up and smiled. "How did it go?" she asks.

"As good as it could've gone, I guess." I respond.

She grabs my hand as we walk out of the office.

Honestly, that appointment did open my eyes a little. Maybe I did need it.

Because, like he said, how can I protect Lydia when I'm high?

I wanna be better. And I cant just say that and not act on it anymore.

I need to be better.

"I'm so tired." Lydia rubs her eyes as we walk towards my car.

"I promise we'll take a much deserved nap when we get home, babe." I chuckle, grabbing my car keys from my pocket.

As we get closer to it, I noticed that my car had a paper sticking out from the windshield wipers.

I curse under my breath, annoyed and thinking it was a ticket.

But a ticket for what? I'm not parked illegally, at least I don't think I am.

I grab the paper, turning it over.

The first thing I noticed was it wasn't a ticket.

It was a letter.

And as I read that letter, darkness came crashing down. My heart dropped. My blood ran freezing cold. My chest got heavy.

"Harry? What is it?" Lydia asks from next to me, concerned.

I lick my lips that had suddenly gone bone dry.

"It says..." I start. "We received your message regarding Alexander. You've got until the kid is born, Styles." I read the dooming words written in black ink.

I drop the paper on the ground, threading my hands in my hair and pinching my eyes shut in stress.

I feel Lydia's hand drop from mine and she steps backward slightly, feeling fear of her own.

"Harry-" she mumbles.

"I know." I mumble back. I had no clue what to do.

I was basically just told that I have under a month to spend with Lydia.

Once my daughter is born, I'm finished.

I didn't even know that they knew I was having a child.

"We have to get out of here." I say, realizing that whoever put this note here could still be around.

I quickly help Lydia get into the passenger seat, then rush over to the driver's side.

I drive out of there as fast as possible, speeding to get home so I could tell Louis and Niall the situation.

Xavier, or whoever is truly behind this, is going to take me right after I meet my baby.

Then they're gonna kill me.

I wondered if Samuel, Cody's father, had anything to do with this. Alexander had told me that the only correlation between Xavier and the Phantoms is the fact that they want me.

But Samuel could be an entire different story.

Either way, regarding both Xavier and Samuel...I did kill their sons.