part sixteen

Lydia White

October 18th

Things have been good.

It's been two weeks of peacefulness regarding the Phantom situation, and we realized that we might not be being hunted like we thought.

Harry's been pretty lowkey about the gang, but I don't mind. I didn't really want to know. I wanted my life to be as normal as possible...

...and for the most part, it has been.

There was one small incident within these two weeks where Cody called me, but it lead to me blocking his number. We were over and I was moving on.

As for me and Harry's relationship, everything was going smoothly. He was practically moved in. He was here everyday and he usually stayed overnight. He even had his own designated drawer in my dresser for his clothing.

In the first four days of him staying with me, I had nightmares each night. Each one was horribly vivid and they all had some sort of twisted ending without fail. For example, one dream took place at the diner on the night when Harry shot James...except it ended with him shooting me as well.

I would either wake up screaming or jolting up in my bed out of breath every night. Harry was starting to get really worried, so much so that he suggested talking to a specialist.

But, after four nights, they just stopped...and they never happened again.

Eliza and Liam were getting better as well. Liam has really been putting in an effort to be present for El and Elijah. He's definitely still getting used to having a kid, but at least he's not giving up.

My eyes suddenly snap open as I stare up at the ceiling, feeling my stomach turn. Harry was sound asleep next to me. I feel something vile rising in my throat and my mouth starts to water.

I immediately jet from the bed and into the bathroom, hunching down in front of the toilet as my stomach empties.

This is the third morning this has happened. I've definitely caught a bug or something, because every morning I wake up and I puke...then, throughout the day, even the thought of eating anything greasy or fatty makes me want to be sick all over again.

Harry said it was probably a flu. He's been a great boyfriend though, making sure my every need is attended to. He's been spending every moment he can for the past three days cuddling me or making me lightweight meals.

As I pant into the toilet bowl with an empty stomach, I hear the rushed patting of bare feet coming towards the bathroom.

Harry comes in and sits on the edge of the bathtub next to the toilet with a blanket balled up in his hands, grabbing my hair and running his hands through it as I stopped puking.

"It's okay, babe." he says softly while rubbing my back in circles.

"I'm so tired of this." I whine while flushing the toilet and gripping my empty stomach.

"It's just a flu. You'll kick it eventually." he reassures.

He takes the soft white blanket that he brought in with him and wraps it around my shivering body, then grips my arms and helps me to my feet.