part twenty four

WARNING: this chapter contains some content that some might find upsetting. it's nothing too triggering, but it can be a little sensitive.

love you.

Lydia White

November 30th

It's crazy.

It's crazy how things can just...shift.

And in such a small matter of time.

I was happy. I was having a good day. I was at work, I was smiling, conversing, laughing.

I was okay.

I took a cab home, excited to see Harry...excited to eat dinner, watch a movie and fall asleep with him, because that's what we did on Friday nights.

But, the moment I walked through the front door—the unlocked front door—that's when it happened.

The shift.

I should've known something was wrong the minute I called Harry to ask him to pick me up and he didn't answer. I should've known but I didn't...because things had been going so well.

I walked through the door to be met with a shockwave of fear hitting me like a wall, causing me to drop everything out of my hands and have them clash to the floor in what felt like slow motion.

In front of me was the person I loved most in the world—tied up and on his knees.

His hands were behind his back. His face was bloody and beaten. There was blood in his curls and dripping down to his forehead. The whole apartment was dark, except for a dimly lit lamp in the living room behind Harry, illuminating the area just enough so I could see him.

The moment his green eyes met mine, they widened in terror.

"Go." he whispered.

I couldn't move.

"Lydia." he said with urgency, yet trying to keep his voice quiet. "Go. Please go." he looks to the side quickly as if someone was lurking there.

"Harry." I whisper through a shaky voice. I didn't know what else to say. I had lost all sense of focus.

"I don't want him to find you, Lydia. Please-"

His quiet voice gets cut off by footsteps emerging from the shadows of the hallway.

"Shut the door." the voice demands.

I reach my trembling hands to the door, shutting it but not taking my eyes of Harry. His head was snapped in the direction that the voice came, his chest rising up and down rapidly.

"Styles, you didn't tell me she'd be showing up here, too." the voice taunts Harry, stepping into the illumination to reveal his mask covered face and black attire...including a black leather jacket. It didn't take long for me to recognize he was a Phantom.

"Don't do this. She's innocent." Harry pleads.

"She isn't and you know that. She's killed two of us already." the masked man says, with his head turned towards me.