part nine

thank you so much for 6k on crumble!
i never expected to finish crumble, let alone have it reach over 6000 reads...now here we are.
not to get cheesy, but i cannot thank you guys enough for the support. writing these books has changed my life. when i'm sad, when i feel lonely, or when i want to isolate myself and escape for a little while, i'll come on here and write. putting what i feel into these books has been incredibly therapeutic and if i can make people feel the same way when they read my work, then there is absolutely no stopping me. so, if you are here reading this right now...please know that i appreciate you and love you and if you happen to be having a shitty day today, then i hope i can make you feel at least a little better through my writing.
okay, sorry for the cheesiness lol.
please enjoy, vote and comment! i love you.
//

Lydia White
An ambulance was called that took Harry to the hospital. I begged to go in the ambulance with him but they didn't let me because I wasn't family.

So, we all took Louis' car. I sat in the back with Niall while Liam sat up front with Louis.

It felt like the longest drive of my life. I could only pray that Harry was still alive in that ambulance right now.

Seeing him overdose was the scariest thing I've experienced in a while. Watching his eyes roll back into his head was something that will be burned in my memory forever.

It made me think. I thought Harry was high on weed...but weed doesn't do that to a person. He had to have taken something stronger.

"What did he take?" I speak up, because I had to know.

It was silent for a few moments, as the guys hesitate to answer. But eventually, Louis sighs and speaks. "He took painkillers."

I widen my eyes as my heart pounds. Harry used to be addicted to painkillers. He even overdosed on them before.

So Harry didn't just overdose tonight, he relapsed.

"When did he take them?" I ask in shock. He wasn't high when he came to my apartment. So he had to have done them after that.

"He did them when you inside the hotel. I tried to stop him but he locked his car doors and trapped himself in there." Louis confesses.

I don't know what was worse, the fact that he took them when I left, or the fact that he already had some in his car.

My stomach had a dreadful feeling. I couldn't help but believe that I was the reason he took the painkillers again.

When we got to the hospital, Louis parked and we all ran in as fast as we could.

We ran up to the front desk, to be met by a very confused nurse with dark skin, purple scrubs and glasses.

"Where's Harry Styles?" I ask her, out of breath.

She shoots me a weird look before looking down at a clipboard laid in front of her. We all wait in aching anticipation as she scans the paper for his name.

"He's in the ER right now." she starts, but I start running in that direction before she can finish.

The guys waste no time following me. We all head straight for the emergency room. I had to see Harry. I had to know that he was okay.

We weren't supposed to be in this area, but none of us cared. We ran past each room, looking in each one quickly to see if he was there.

And then I saw him.

I saw his unconscious body, getting hooked up to machines by a nurse. His suit jacket was gone, and the undershirt had been ripped open.

I froze, followed by the guys doing the same thing.