part twenty two

Harry Styles

There's times where I have to leave Lydia alone at home.

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I have to take care of business with the guys and she can't come with me.

Today was one of those times.

It's the first time I've left her since the Cody incident, which was just over a week ago.

I wouldn't be so concerned if it weren't for the creepy break in that happened a few days ago.

Someone walked into her apartment with no trouble at all. He could've easily came into our bedroom and hurt us. But he didn't, and there was a reason for that. The Phantoms were playing games again.

We installed another lock on her door, one that required an actual code to get in.

I know she didn't love the fact that we required this extra protection, but ultimately, this is our life. We have to be safe and take the necessary precautions to stay safe.

I was going back to the cabin for the day to talk to the guys about what our next move should be. I would bring Lydia with me, but she told me herself that she didn't want to be involved in 'gang discussion' anymore. And, to be completely honest, I didn't want her to be involved either.

Things are so different now. Before Lydia and I were together, all of this gang stuff was like of second nature. I didn't have to think about the consequences of killing a certain person, or making deals with a certain group of people. I honestly didn't care what happened to me. I lived for the thrill of being chased. I lived for the challenge that there might not be a tomorrow.

But now, that whole perception of reality has changed for me. Lydia White, the girl who I met in a dark alley on one lucky night, was the changing factor in my life. She slowly set me on this whole new path where my end goal was just to keep her safe.

She gave me something to live for before I realized I didn't actually have anything in the first place.

In short, I wasn't fighting for the purpose of fighting anymore. I was fighting for her.

I met the guys at the cabin, where they all had drinks and packs of cigarettes ready. The atmosphere was different, simply because of how our lives were changing.

"Fuck." Louis grumbles as he looks down at his phone while a cigarette hangs from his mouth.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Tatum. She's asking where I am." he responds, causing me to look at Niall and Liam utterly confused.

"You got her number?" I arch my brow.

"He did way more than get her number." Niall butts in with a smirk.

"Shut the fuck up, Niall." Louis growls, glaring up at Niall.

"What the hell is going on between you two?" I cross my arms.

Louis rolls his eyes. "It's not a big deal, alright? We hung out a couple times, that's all."

"They've been hanging out like every third day since the nightclub." Liam adds.

I widen my eyes and look at Louis with a smirk. "No fucking way." I chuckle.

Louis pinches the bridge of his nose and slams his phone on the counter top. "I'm not doing this right now." he mutters under his breath.

"Just don't fuck up and get her pregnant like someone we know." I glare over at Liam, who rolls his eyes.