part eighteen

soooo...crumble hit 20k...i have no words except i love you and thank you so much. ❤️

Lydia White

My heart was beating a mile a minute.

It was like there was a never-stopping clock ticking in my head, constantly reminding me that I don't have much time before Cody finally cracks and possibly tries to kill me.

Harry was coming. That was the only thing I was hanging on to.

He'd burst through the door and save the day like he always does. I'll be okay. We'll be okay.

Cody paces my room as I sit nervously on the edge of my bed, my sweaty palms gripping the bed sheets. He has the gun in his hand, gripping it tightly as he tugs at the roots of his hair.

"I don't know what the fuck to do." he mumbles to himself, panicked.

"Cody, it'll be okay. Just leave and pretend this never happened." I say, trying to keep the situation as calm as possible.

But when he immediately lunges at me and grips my jaw roughly in one hand with his gun pointing at me with the other, I knew I was getting no where fast. His hand grips my face and pressed against my cheek where he had previously slapped me. There was already a bruise forming and it hurt so badly.

I pinch my eyes shut as he gets right up in my face. "As if I'm gonna just leave you here. You'll run and tell your little boyfriend. I'm no idiot, Lydia."

I suck in a sharp inhale as he lets go of my jaw. "Why are you doing this?" I stare up at him, trying my best to keep a brave front.

With a breathy callous chuckle, he walks right up to me and firmly plants his arms on either side of my sitting body, leaning on the bed. "Why am I doing this?" he cocks his head. "Have you ever stopped to wonder if I may know more than you think I do, Lyds."

My blood runs cold as he taunts me with the name that Harry has called me so many times in the past.

This was more than him being an angry ex...this rooted back to something much deeper.

"W-what do you know?" I question, keeping my tone just above a whisper.

He smirks. "Everything."

I look into his crazed eyes that held such a sinister, disturbing gaze. I was looking at a complete stranger.

I was becoming desperate, and more scared by the second. "Please just stop." my voice breaks.

He lifts his hand to tuck my hair behind me ear. "Relax honey, I'm not gonna hurt you." his voice coos softly, but it terrified me.

I couldn't fight back and tell him not to touch me. I couldn't say anything to piss him off. His sanity was balancing on a thin line and all it would take is a small push from me to send him over the edge. So, I needed to stay calm.

My heart rate picks up when I hear loud, booming footsteps in the hallway. Cody freezes and widens his eyes.

Next came the loud bangs on my apartment door. It wasn't knocking, it was more like kicking.

Harry was here and he was going to kick the door down.

Cody whips his head towards me and grips my arm. "Who the fuck is here?" he growls.