part nineteen

^play this when lydia and harry go to talk in the hallway if ya want :)

Lydia White

It's been two hours.

It was approaching 4 in the morning, and I've barely been able to comprehend anything that's happened tonight.

After Harry came back all bloodied and upset, he shook his nerves after seeing Niall's state. He told Louis to bring Niall to the hospital and to bring me with them.

I told Harry that I wanted to stay with him but he didn't even hesitate to decline. He said he and Liam had to deal with Cody's body. As disturbing as it was, they had to clean up the mess so no one else in the apartment saw it.

So now, I was sitting in the hospital waiting room with Louis, waiting to hear back from the doctor about Niall and waiting for Harry and Liam to show up.

My leg was bouncing in anxiety as the minutes that were passing by felt longer and longer. Louis was sitting next to me, staying completely silent and I couldn't even remotely tell what he was feeling.

"Do you think he's gonna be okay?" I speak up, trying to break the awkward silence between us.

He shrugs and keeps looking forward. "I hope so." he says blankly.

He clearly had no interest in talking to me, which I guess I understood. We didn't have the best relationship. There were no hard feeling towards each other or anything, but we merely just existed in the other's world and that was it.

I look down at the ground lost in my thoughts when I suddenly heard Louis' voice again.

"Are you like...okay?" he hesitates. 

I shift my vision to him and notice that he was actually looking at me now.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I say.

He pauses and sighs. "Listen, we're gonna be stuck in this waiting room alone for god knows how long. You might as well talk to me. I know there's more going on." he says, taking me by surprise.

I took this as Louis' way of telling me that I could talk to him. It was like an asshole, cool guy way of saying 'you can confide in me' without actually saying it.

I take a breath through my nose and gaze up at the ceiling, leaning back in the chair as my head rests against the wall. "Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve Harry."

I can feel the burning look of confusion coming from Louis. "What?"

I sit up and fold my knees on the chair, bringing them to my chest and now looking at Louis.

"I kicked him out. And it was all over a stupid argument and yet he shows up regardless to save my ass like he always does." I vent.

"Okay but you'd do the same for him, wouldn't you?" Louis questions.

"Of course."

He pauses and looks at the ground, before looking back up at me. "You remember the night that you found out about the gang? The night you ran away?"

Vividly. Thank you for the reminder.

I nod and arch my brow, not knowing where he was going with this.

"Well, I do too. Because I was there." he says.

I tilt my head in confusion. "What?" my voice raises.

"I woke up and I saw everything. I saw you run out of the house."

"Where are you going with this?"