part five

Lydia White
It's 11 o'clock at night and I'm currently bandaging Harry's forehead as he ices his black eye.

This has been the worst night I've had in a while.

It's crazy how much can happen within a few hours...

*A couple of hours ago*

Harry and I didn't really talk much at first. I accepted the fact that he was not going to leave my apartment so I got him some blankets and a pillow for him to get comfy on my couch.

"Thank you." he said blankly, taking the blankets from my arms.

I help him set up a sort of temporary-bed on the couch.

"Goodnight." I say before beginning to walk back into my room.

But before I can even take another step, Harry grabs my wrist.

"Wait." he says, causing me to turn around and look into his eyes for the first time in a long time.

His lips were parted, as if he was trying to say something but couldn't form the words.

"I-" he stutters. "I don't want you to go to sleep yet." he says, making my heart skip a beat.

"It's late." I respond.

"Please. Just sit with me for a little." he pleads, removing his hand from around my wrist.

His eyes were so genuine and bright.

And they made it impossible to say no.

So, I sat on one end of the couch while he sat on the other.

He half-smiles at me, twisting the rings on his fingers.

I watch as his eyes drift down to my hands, and then stay there. His brows knit together slightly and his eyes narrow in on my fingers.

"You kept it." he says.

I look down at my fingers to see what he's referring to and I quickly realize that it was the dainty pink gemmed ring on my ring finger.

The one that he gave me before the attack.

I hold my hand out in front of me to examine it myself. I forgot about the ring, simply because it's become a part of me. I never took it off after he 'died'.

"Oh, yeah." I say.

He suddenly takes my hand very lightly, as if to have a closer look at the ring.

I watch his eyes grow sadder, like it hurt him to see the ring he gave me.

"It was a part of you that I'd always have, so I never took it off." I state, making him flick his eyes up to me.

"Can you promise me something?" he licks his lips.

I nod.

"Promise me you'll never take it off. Not ever."

My heart sinks, and I don't know why. His comment hurt me for some reason.