You like people who don't want to talk to you?

The dreary Monday morning weather was something that Alyssa always hated, especially since she moved to London as there was very rarely days of summer happiness left. The days were growing darker earlier and the sky seemed to be falling into the seasonal depression that she felt so deeply in her soul. Who could be bothered with the weather anyway? It's not like she had the time to appreciate any nice day when they did come along. All she did was work and then go home to her roommate and pretend that everything was great, that the world around her wasn't falling apart.

Her heart still lived in the small town outside of Brighton where she grew up, hoping to one day live in a cute house with a husband and family. A small dog running around making a mess but keeping the kids occupied. So far at the age of 24 she wasn't any closer to that dream so she puts her heart into working as hard as possible to distract her brain from the many failed love attempts in her life.

When Alyssa got the opportunity to move to London with her childhood best friend, she couldn't say no to it. She had to get away from the boy she always loved so dearly but couldn't have in the end. He broke her heart into a million pieces and it was never going to be fixed, not that easily anyway. Running away to a city filled with many faces to block out the heartbreak seemed like the best option. Now she works for a music label, pouring her heart and soul into music and making sure that she has enough money to keep herself afloat.

Although she switched around labels a few times in her 3 years living in London, her boss offered her an opportunity to work for the record label Dirty Hit, a year ago but she turned it down. A year on though, the job came up again in conversation and this time Alyssa decided a change would be good for her. She couldn't find the courage a year ago to leave her comfortable job but a spur of the moment feeling of needing a change made her decide to say yes.

Today is her first day on the job.

The tube stopped at Waterloo station and Alyssa stared at herself in the reflection of the window across from her, she was surprised at how empty the train was considering it was a Monday at 10am. Although most people would already be at work by this time, she still wasn't sure why no one was really here. Her long, wavy dirty blonde hair danced lightly off the top of her knees as the carriage shook from the speed that the train was going at. She wasn't one for heavy make-up since she was blessed with clear skin (mostly). She didn't need to beat her face into the ground with concealer or layers of foundation. She did however, apply a classy looking line of eyeliner and enough mascara to make her eyelashes look full.

The one good thing about working for Dirty Hit is that the dress code is preferably casual with a little bit of professionalism when there are big meetings. This meant Alyssa wore black skinny jeans with a plain black, long sleeved jumper that swooped down her chest. She didn't want to look too casual but also wanted to make a nice impression. Her new boss Jamie had been nothing but kind to her so far, so this made her nerves dissipate for the most.

Her stop finally came up and she exited the train and made her way to the surface of London, pushing her way through the crowds of people. Luckily for her though, the office building wasn't too far away from the station so walking in the dull August weather wasn't going to be too much of a drag for her. The grumble in the sky above her caused her to look up at the growing grey skies, the rain would begin any minute now so she knew she had to rush to get to the office to avoid the rain.

Unfortunately she didn't avoid it but only by about 2 minutes, meaning she wasn't completely soaked through to the skin but her hair was damp now and her coat was now sporting beads of water that were slipping down onto the ground of the lobby. This got her a little flustered as she didn't like the idea of starting her first day on the job, soaked.