Did I live up to your expectations?

Alyssa

"It's gonna be fine, just trust me." Matty repeated, I looked at him with uncertain eyes. I wasn't the most shy person in the world but the idea of walking out of the bus with them and going into the venue when a bunch of fans were waiting patiently to meet them sent me into a slight panic attack. He was trying to make me feel better about the entire thing but it wasn't helping. I didn't want fans to see me and start talking about me online.

"You're used to this, I'm not." I reminded him. He pulled his sunglasses off his face and planted them on my eyes and pulled the hood up of the hoodie I was wearing, which is actually his.

"You don't need to worry so much, they're just people and they won't even care about you because the 4 of us will be standing there too." He sounded a little cocky but I got the point he was making.

"It's just making me nervous." I mumbled. He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"If you don't come in now with us then you'll have to do it later on your own and I think that might be worse for you." He told me. "Just come on." I bit my lip and stared at him through the sunglasses.

"Fine." I whispered. "Let's just get it over with." He shot me a grin, grabbed my hand and before I could even prepare myself he opened the door of the bus and started to walk out. I followed behind him with Adam, George and Ross in tow.

"It's gonna be chill, don't worry." Adam said from behind me, I glanced back at him and gave him a weak smile. It meant a lot to me that he was trying to be as comforting as possible because inside I was a mess.

We walked towards the door which had a group of fans waiting nearby. "Matty." One girl shouted. His head snapped in the direction the voice was coming from. I was glad he didn't let go of my hand because I could feel so many eyes on me. "Can I get a picture?" The same girl asked. He smiled and nodded, talking away to fans. The guys all fanned out to get the group individually.

Eventually though Matty had to let go of my hand which left me feeling alone in this chaos but I understood why, he had to give his fans the attention they deserved for being so dedicated and queuing all day for the show.

I stood off to the side and watched the interactions, he was like a different person. Of course Matty is a charismatic person in general but this was another level, his laugh was infectious and so many of the fans just seemed to be in awe of him. The same with the rest of the lads, they just seemed to come alive when talking to their fans. The sunglasses he put on me begun to get in the way so I took them off and shoved them in my pocket.

I watched them all make their way through the crowd of people but there was one girl who was standing off to the side a little, she was alone. Matty begun to make his way to the door when I realised she didn't get to speak to him. "Matty." I said, his head snapped around to look at me.

"Yeah, love?" He asked me. I could feel more eyes in my direction. I nodded towards the girl nearby me and he got the hint. "Oh sorry." He mumbled, walking over to her. "I didn't see you there." I could see the girl turn a little red but she flashed me a look of appreciation and begun talking to him.

Once he was done he turned to me and smiled. "Matty is that your girlfriend?" Someone in the group of fans asked loudly. I could feel my insides die a little of embarrassment. He looked over and flashed the source of the voice a grin.

"That she is." He looked at me again and winked. A chorus of awes followed and I felt myself blush. "You wanna go inside now?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said softly. He grabbed my hand and led me towards the door, turning back one last time to wave goodbye to everyone. The rest of the lads followed us and we started to walk down towards the green room. "It wasn't that bad was it?"