How romantic, talk to me about your past sexual encounters.

Matty

An hour into the drive back to Manchester Alyssa fell asleep. I couldn't blame her though, she probably didn't sleep much last night if at all. I just wanted her to be happy and seeing how bitter her dad was to her even after all he's done to her was just like a punch in the gut. I thought maybe he would realise his mistakes and maybe apologise for putting her through all that; clearly I was fucking wrong.

I noticed I was running low on petrol and decided to stop at the next service station, I felt sorry for the people who worked there. It must be miserable to be stuck in this place during Christmas.

When I went up to pay my phone started ringing, it was my mum. "Hello?" I said.

"Are you still in bed Matty? It's almost 1pm." She said in a disappointed tone.

"No, I'm not." I mumbled.

"Where are you then?" She sounded confused, I don't blame her.

"Alyssa had a bit of fight with her family and I didn't want her staying there so I drove down and got her." I sighed.

"Is she okay?" The worry in my mum's voice became very clear.

"I don't know, it was pretty rough but she's with me now. You don't mind do you?" I asked.

"Of course not sweetheart, the more the merrier." She chuckled. "When will you be back?"

"We've not long past Birmingham so about 2 hours." I told her. "Motorway is dead so there's no traffic."

"Okay darling, I'll hold off dinner for as long as I can." She said happily down the phone, clearly she's already popped open the wine.

"I appreciate that." I smiled. "I just realised though, we didn't know she'd be coming so neither of us have gifts for her."

"Matty, do you really think I didn't get her a gift?" My mum said in a motherly tone.

"Have I ever told you that you're the best?" I shook my head.

"Not enough son but I'll see you soon." She said and hung up the call after I said goodbye. I walked over to the isle with sweets in it and picked up Alyssa's favourite chocolate bar along with a bottle of water then headed to the till.

Once I was done I walked back over to the car and got in, Alyssa woke up as I was starting the car again. "Did I fall asleep?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, it's okay though." I smiled at her. "I got you these." I said handing her the chocolate bar and water.

"Thank you." She took them from me and gave me a weak smile. "Is your mum gonna be okay with me gatecrashing Christmas?"

"I just spoke to her on the phone, she's happy to have you." I reassured her.

"I wouldn't want to ruin another Christmas." She chuckled.

"There's no way you could possibly ruin my day." I grinned at her, she rolled her eyes and took a drink of her water. I pulled out of the petrol station and headed back onto the motorway, wanting to get back to my mum's as quickly as possible.

"I haven't got your gift with me, it's back at the flat." She pouted. I just gave a shrug.

"It's okay, mines is in the flat too so we can exchange them when we get home." I told her.

"I don't have anything for your mum either." She sighed.

"We can just add your name to my tag, it's okay." I didn't want her to worry about little things like that, my mum wouldn't give a fuck about gifts but it was nice to hear she was thinking about it.